• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can your bypass be a different length?!

I've had a DS so maybe I shouldn't put my two pennorth in

But my common channel is 100 cm long - this means that all but the last 100cms of the small intestine has been bypassed - thats why DSers have so much maladsorption

Doesn't sound much does it!!

Angela

very good question very interesting thanks x

So glad I asked now, thought I was just being dumb!

Still trying to figure away to ger a bypass done...so annoying as I have the help of family with the cost but can't have it done here in Ireland. Can't believe the lack of help here in N.Ireland...has really annoyed me to think of how many other people need help with weight and just get the 'we have no funding' speech.

Im really interested by this. I might email Mr Ammori and ask him, would be good to compare the results of peoples losses and regains over time compared with their bypass lengths.....

Hi mark, let us know if you get a reply, would be really interested to know xx

i think mine was 2m, i saw my surgeon the day after my surgery but think i was still drugged up so cant remember, im back april 26 so i will defo be asking. xx

Hi

At Walsall Manor they bypass 1m if ur BMI is under 50, 1.5m if your BMI is 50-60, and 2m if over 60.

I know this because I was bang on the 50 border and I asked the surgeon if i could still have 1.5m bypass. She said as long as when they weighed me on the morning of the op I was not under 50 then she would. But if i was even a tiny bit under 50 she couldnt.

When I had my first pre op I asked the question and indeed I got the 1.5m Bypass

Oh now I'm really confused. My surgeon told me '45 cm at one end and 80 at the other end'...what on earth does that mean?

Back