• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Carbs per daily intake??????

Gail-michelle

likes to post
Hiya peeps just wanted to know how much carbs you can have on a daily basis?? I do try not to have any if I can help it, but even cerial has plenty of carbs as does w/w bread:eek:(11 carbs per tiny slice of wholemeal) I have bought the wrong protein shake drink also 25g protein-15g carbs:eek:-1.5g fat. Gailx

Great question Gail. I'd like to know the answer to this as well, as I worry that my carb intake may be too high - even though I dont eat bread, rice, pasta yet and not much potato. Carbs seem to be in most of the foods I am eating though.

Thats exactly it!! sam everything I go to have its either low in fat & sugar but then extremly high in carbs:eek: so it does become baffling at times. I mean all the special K cerials they advertise on TV YES! it may be low fats, sugars ect but then its high in carbs. I think I will just sew me mouth up and have done lol. Gail x
Great question Gail. I'd like to know the answer to this as well, as I worry that my carb intake may be too high - even though I dont eat bread, rice, pasta yet and not much potato. Carbs seem to be in most of the foods I am eating though.

Morning Gail

I try to keep below 40g of carbs if I can, mostly they are usually from yoghurt and splash of milk. Having said that though I'm the slowest loser on earth now.

Take care

M

:thankyou::worthy::worthy::worthy:Thank you so much for that I am now going to monitor every lil carb intake starting NOW!! lol Gail.x
Morning Gail

I try to keep below 40g of carbs if I can, mostly they are usually from yoghurt and splash of milk. Having said that though I'm the slowest loser on earth now.

Take care

M

Gail - I use foodfocus.co.uk to monitor my intake. I'd say I'm closer to the 60g Mark on average - sometimes going over, and sometimes under. I think I would struggle to get it as low as M's 40g. Thats very impressive M.

:)Hi Gail

I agree with Sam that the Food focus website is great for monitoring ALL the food group intakes and you can add foods that may not already be on their lists. Bit fiddly to start with until you get the hang of things but well worth a look. Will have to try to find the time to keep using it once I get back to work as it is a bit time consuming.

Do have a look, you'll be surprised how much there is on the site.

My dietician said not to limit them, as you need starch to break down fats.
I try and make sure I have more protein than carbs.

I cut carbs out almost entirely a while back and when I re introduced them my weight loss increased?

I wouldn't worry too much. Just make sure you have a healthy balanced diet, and remember protein first :)

I have a slice of bread each day almost, and I eat plenty of fruit, it doesn't seem to have done me much harm.. I still loose well.

This is just me though, what works for me might not for you :)

But if your loosing I wouldn't alter what your eating now :)

X

Hmmm Ive been pondering this one too, gonna take more interest in the carbs even though im not on breads, pastas rice either.

Just on a side note, bypassbee it is nice to see you here, I can remember when you had your op, and havent seen you here much since. Your weightloss is amazing, not too far to go till goal now really. WELL DONE xX

Thanks so much! Its nice to hear someone say that heh

Yeah I don't post much cos I don't have the internet, just my blackberry phone :)

I usually lurk in the daily menus section heh :)

But I do still read ppls posts and take an interest on how your all getting on :)

X

Back