• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Caused by the weight of the excess skin?

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Hiya guys
Right, I used to get lower back pain when I was heavy and that sorted itself quickly post op but I have a new kind of back pain and was thinking that maybe it is being caused by the excess skin.
This pain is around where my bra strap sits on my back, so its fairly high up, I get it there and slightly in that upper part of my back. I know that larger breasted women can suffer this because of the weight of their breasts on their back, not what is causing mine but my tummy skin is really quite dense and heavy and I am wondering if it could be the weight of the excess skin that is causing this pain.
Its rather uncomfy, though manageable, but it is far more uncomfy that any lower back pain that I used to suffer.
Reckon its the excess skin causing it?
Steph xx

Oh I really don't know Steph but I reckon a physiotherapist could say aye or nay. And if they said Aye that's an arguement to get plastics on the NHS ;)

Lol indeed, though I wasnt planning on applying for that because it is a LONNNNNNNNNNNG process in this area, you have to get to BMI 25 (I think) and stay there for two years. Might talk to a physio though, could do with seeing one about the hip issues I have developed.
Steph xx

Have you had your gallstone out?

Sometimes you can get refereed pain there...

Doubt its skin related there tbh. Have you had a decent bra fitting? A poorly fitted bra can cause pain there.

Check the plastics criteria, some say the weight of the excess skin can be taken into account with BMI, so if your GP estimates 7lb of skin you can take that off your weight and then work out the BMI. Also, get it documented at your GP as soon as you reach that BMI.

Sorry to hear that Steph hope it's not to painfull for you,if it gets to bad let me know I give a great massage xx;)

Hi Steph, precious, so sorry to hear of your pain..

The first thing I would eliminate is the gallbladder since the pain radiates for sure around this area... could it be muscular alternatively?

In any event get it checked out medically... I had pain there with my gallbladder before having it removed...

Love and hugs always xxx

Thanks guys xx I still have my gallbladder.
Its just an annoyance at the moment to be honest but if it gets any worse I will see my GP. I should be seeing my team at Spire some time in the next month or so, so if it stays bearable Ill wait until then, unless it gets worse obviously.
Thanks for the advice and opinions xx
Steph xx

P.S Marky...dont tempt me!

I cant find it but I am sure a while ago some one was saying the exact same thing on here.i thought it was in plastics..
My memory is shocking lol
Anyhow there was something mentioned about muscle wastage(and the fat supported the muscles) and she was advised to do pilates to strengthen the core muscles that had been lost...
sorry not much help,maybe some else will remember..lol
Get checked out by the G.P xx

Back