• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Clexane and stockings

minxie

Just out of interest..how long did you have to have clexane injections for and how long did you have to wear your stockings/sock?

I've got clexane for 4 weeks, and stockings for 4 weeks too - sounds like a long time to me. For caesarian sections we only prescribe 7 days worth in total and stockings are not taken home. I'm mobile and BMI is under 40 so it seems a long time. I guess there's a higher risk of dehydration though.

I put the stockings on when getting ready for theatre, lost the stockings in theatre and had pneumatic boots instead. Went home next day with 14 days of clexane and no TEDs.

I had stockings until I got out of surgery and I didn't have them on at all again and I didn't have I to inject, that was due to my complications thou.

Otherwise it was injection for 14days n stockings for 3weeks xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

stockings two weeks, although I only lasted 10 days as they were cutting into my ankles and I got sores. Injections for 7 days.

Only had injections the two days I was in hospital and the stockings came off as I was discharged. Doc said as long as I move about don't have to wear them.

My doc doesnt like using the stockings said they cause more probs in peeps with big legs,they dont stay up anyway!Injected for longer though.

2 injections while in hospital , and stockings i wore for 1 week after i was discharged x

Thanks everyone, thought I was having to do this for a bit longer than usual - no other associated risk factors either. I'm desperate to have a day or two without the stockings - well socks really as they are only knee high. Funny how different each doctor is isn't it?!:)

lol i have knee and thing high stockings and on warfrin all ready but will have to inject heprin 2weeks before op as warfrin take longer to clear my system mind you the wife loves my sexy flesh coloured one lol

I had clexanei n hospital and for 4 weeks when i came home so 27 days in total. My stomach is every colour of the rainbow and rather sore in places as a testimony o this ! I was supposed to wear the teds till the injections stopped but they were driving me insane ( okay-more insane) and so I rang the ward and said as I was walking loads I could ditch them. Put up with them for three weeks though !

They won't have given you injections for 4 weeks if they didn't think you had some risk. As they are very expensive.
I was at risk due to family history.
Found if i went slow inserting the needle i didn'y end up black and blue.
Stockings i last 10 days before i binned them. Fun but put them on the other day over night, as my ankles and feet are very swollen. It helps.
Good Luck with your recovery

It's amazing how different the instructions are that everyone is given isn't it. at my hospital everyone has the injections for 4 weeks and does 4 weeks on liquids after the op. Others don't have injections or TEDs and go onto purees in hospital. I wonder if any of them collate all the info to see what works best !

Back