• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Clexane Injections

Fat Again

How long did all you Bypasses have to take your clexane injections for, I presumed it was only one week, but my hospital has given me a weeks worth and told me to get a further 3 weeks worth from my GP ?

it was 4 weeks for me - they were all supplied by the hospital.

I was told to have them for 14 days which the hospital supplied.

It depends on your surgeon, your hospital and your own personal medical history. I was on injections for 7 days total which does not match with others that I have heard about so go by your specific instructions given to you by your bariatric team as to what they need you to do.

Nic:)

5 days in total for me too :)

Only had injections for the 5 days I was in hospital and nothing since.

I think it depends on the dosage. I had to inject for a month but, apparently, the dose was very low. Mxx

Salford Royal Hospital, 10days from op. x

Oh, and the Sexy Surical Sock stay on for the same length of time.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for my op (at Spire Southampton) but was told I would be on Clexane for 14 days (however I do have a history of DVT).

Dan

I had to do it twice daily for 2 weeks, and then once a day for 2 weeks so 4 weeks altogether. I used the top of my leg, so just pinched the fat together and it was no problem.

Jeanx

I was on them whilst in the hospital which was only a couple of days and then for five days at home. Really wasnt an issue.
Steph xx

i was given mine by the hospital when i left and had to do it for 4 weeks, i was very grateful for my big roll off belly fat i hardly felt a thing!

I had them for 14 days after the op, all supplied by the hospital. Also had to wear the stockings for the same amount of time. Was a bit naughty though, stockings came off after 10 days and stopped the clexane at 12 days. :eek: Baaaaad Cuppa.

Cuppa xx

I had them for 14 days after the op, all supplied by the hospital. Also had to wear the stockings for the same amount of time. Was a bit naughty though, stockings came off after 10 days and stopped the clexane at 12 days. :eek: Baaaaad Cuppa.

Cuppa xx

Cuppa
Im supposed to wear the stockings for 4 weeks too, but Im being really naughty and not even had them on today - they bloody itch !

Im off to the Doc's tomorrow to get a prescription for more Clexane, better stick to the rules. The reason I was only given a weeks worth was because I went private for my surgery.

Thanks for all your comments xxxxxxxx

Pfft at 5 days, 7 days, 10 days etc. Been on fragmin injections daily, which is the same stuff, since April! Do I win a prize?

Cuppa xx

:busted: :whoopass: lol

Back