• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Confused!!!!!

rickysmrs

As with e1 else no doubt i have tried all diets etc. Basically I have asked my GP about NHS Gastric banding after trying all sorts of tablets from the GP with no weight loss.

I suffer from M.E. (Chronic fatigue syndrome) which effects my mobility immensly. I'm just so down and fed up I can excercise when im not fatigued which at moment is every day so no excercise.

Basically getting to the point when I check my height 4ft 9.5 and my weight as of today 15st 3lbs the BMI says my BMI is 45 but my GP have sent out a letter saying I dont meet the PCT critera................

PLEASE HELP..............what can i do now
upset and confused........was taken off anti-depresents to try reductcil but my usual GP is away on hols at moment just feel so lost.

:(

hi im sorry to hear that the pct have turned you down, id say that you fit the criteria but all areas are different, the only thing i can suggest is to appeal as soon as possible and fight them.

good luck x

liz xxx

Hi Rickysmrs, which PCT do you come under?

wiltshire hun ive tried checking from this thread but none the wiser

Well according to BOSPA Wiltshire follow NICE guidelines, which are BMI over 40 and having tried all other avenues.

Before you see your GP again, have a look at the NICE guidelines, print off this page BOSPA - The British Obesity Surgery Patient Association which shows that Wiltshire follow them, and say that as you meet the criteria you would like him to explain why he is not referring you.

Ask to be refered to a weight management clinic,they will asess you check all co morbidities and keep an eye on your history of dieting and mental health,how it affects your life.Be truthful and dont hold back all the gory bits they need to know,ie i didnt tell my doc how sweat rashes made me so ill i could of topped myself one summer!He needs to know.

Back