• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Consultation Good Friday!

Hi all,

I am due to have my first consulation at Dolan Park which is part of the Hospital Group next friday.

In 2004 I had a gastric balloon and lost 3 stone in 6 months but as soon as it was taken out I put the weight back on and more.

I went to my GP 4 years ago and she put me forward to my local hospital where I was monitored in a weight loss clinic and I was put forward to the PCT for a band where I was turned down twice because I was not 'needy' enough. I have since developed type 2 diabetes and so my gp was going to refer me again but my PCT have changed to criteria yet again so I again don't met it :cry: Even my GP says it is ridiculous!!!!

I joined Slimming World (again) and in 3 weeks lost 3lb and was so annoyed as I had been sooo good.

So I sat down with my husband and we talked finances and I enquired about the cost of a band and was quite pleased to see the cost had gone down to £5950 and I get a small discount for being a previous patient. We can't really affford the surgery but healthwise I can't afford not to have it done as I am struggling getting my blood sugar down to a decent level. I am hoping I can put down the £500 deposit on friday when I have my appointment as I am 100% sure that I want the op to go ahead and have been researching it for the last 4 years!

There is no waiting list so hopefully I will be able to go ahead in May although I will have to do a 2 week liver shrinking diet first.

I am soooo excited to be having the proceedure but am a bit peeved I have to pay for the op myself as I am hoping to be able to reduce my diabetes medication which my gp told me costs the NHS nearly £1000 per month.

Fingers crossed for me for Friday!:D

Thank you, I'm sure you will - we are all here to support you along the way too x

Back