• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Contraception and other bits.....lol

tuu

Hi all well I've fit my date for surgery RNY bypass on 28th Sept !!!! So after over year it's nearly here I can't believe it....so I need to get myself sorted out and wondered if anyone of you girls had similar situition to me....I am on norethisterone tablets 21 days out of 28 this is for hormonal reasons as I need extra progesterone now they have said I need to stop these 2 weeks prior to surgery as risk of blood clotting but I need to start taking something to protect me contraception wise as mustn't fall pregnant within 1st year after operation. ...lol chance would be fine thing ...fertility issues have been problem but that's another story.. so I don't want to be on my period when I go in for surgery obviously and if I stop the norethisterone tablets which act like the pill chances are I will be ...wondered if any if you girls had same issues or similar and have swapped to either injection or something else ...any advice greatly appreciated xxx

I've not had a period or it's very light when I do with the implant I've had it for nearly two years now but that was because I got bad migraines from the ones you are currently on. It's actually really nice to have to think about taking a pill because I'm terrible with that - even my antibiotics lol Xx

Because of other medical conditions I ended up steralised at 32 because the risk of pregnancy was life threatening :( I had the implant previously for 3 years. When I settled it was great and helped with very heavy periods I normally suffer with but the first 6 weeks were hell on earth. Honestly I thought I was going crazy and would lose my temper at the slightest thing. I begged my GP to remove it and she in return begged me to give it 6 weeks and if I still felt horrendous she'd take it back out. Around 5 and a half week it all started to settle and I felt like myself again thank god and did keep it for the full 3 years. I don't want to put you off just share my experience and of course we all react differently to this type of thing. I don't handle hormone treatment well generally although I now take something called prevera daily rather than the usual 21 out of 28 days which has stopped my periods altogether because they became so heavy it was unbearable.

Is it worth having the injection to start with? That covers you for 3 months and if it works for you you can keep having that. You'll need a B12 shot every 3 months anyway. Just a suggestion :) Congratulations on getting your date too!

Because of other medical conditions I ended up steralised at 32 because the risk of pregnancy was life threatening :( I had the implant previously for 3 years. When I settled it was great and helped with very heavy periods I normally suffer with but the first 6 weeks were hell on earth. Honestly I thought I was going crazy and would lose my temper at the slightest thing. I begged my GP to remove it and she in return begged me to give it 6 weeks and if I still felt horrendous she'd take it back out. Around 5 and a half week it all started to settle and I felt like myself again thank god and did keep it for the full 3 years. I don't want to put you off just share my experience and of course we all react differently to this type of thing. I don't handle hormone treatment well generally although I now take something called prevera daily rather than the usual 21 out of 28 days which has stopped my periods altogether because they became so heavy it was unbearable.

Is it worth having the injection to start with? That covers you for 3 months and if it works for you you can keep having that. You'll need a B12 shot every 3 months anyway. Just a suggestion :) Congratulations on getting your date too!

THANKS GIRLS
Good advice and feebee I think that is an idea ...I spoke to.my gynecologist today I was lucky he was in his office and I got to have a chat he agreed that going for either inplant or injection would be good and should cover me for the extra progesterone I need as well as contraception ....so yes I think I will ask for injection to start with and hopefully won't get any side effects while I'm adjust in to my new slim.line stomach pouch. ...lol thank again girls xxx

I take the mini pill, which has caused no problems. Due to being overweight I can't have full pill. I took it all the way through including the first morning after surgery. I had heavy periods, now they are really light and last sometimes 2 days, sometimes 1, which is better than 7-10! They're also really light. I take the pill daily with no break. Its called Cerelle.

Reactions: tuu
Back