• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cramp and passing out/fainting.

simplylucy

Last night I woke with cramp in my leg, down the front of my shin and into my foot.

I suffer with cramp regularly, have done since my teens.

Because the cramp was in my shin it was more painful than ever. It continued for 30 minutes. By then I was screaming and sobbing and felt very sick. I managed to get into my ensuite touse the loo, tried all the cold floor/flannel tricks but the cramp wouldn't budge.

Stupid as it sounds but I seriously was considering calling an ambulance. I'd never felt pain like it, I had one lot of oral painkillers after my bypass so think I have a high pain threshold!

Whilst sat on the loo I felt very hot and my hands went prickly followed by my head. I had loud ringing in my ears, very loud. Then I think I must have blacked out.

When I came to the cramp had passed and I hobbled back to bed and waited another 30minutes for the ringing to stop.

Does anyone get such painful cramp after their bypass? Maybe I'm lacking in something.

Hiya

I would go and get it checked out no harm in seeing what the doctor says to put your mind at rest

Jo
xx

Gosh that sounds horrid. i would definitely call your Doctor this morning and see what he says.

I always thought cramp was due to salt deficiency,but im no expert! Might be worth trying to add a little more salt to your food to see if that helps at all?

It might be due to dehydration too. Are you having enough water?

Hi Lucy, I get cramps like this alot, I have a spinal problem I've been told that is what is causing them, I am pre-op, I was taught by the pain clinic to breathe through the pain and try not to panic, I know it hurts like hell, but just incase it happens to you again hun try not to panic, and get to your G.P and get yourself checked out.

This sounds so familiar - I have had a couple attacks of cramp like this, it feels like its in my bone, not my muscle - does that sound stupid ?

The first time it happened I was pertrified and it was agony, I'd definatley put it very near the top of my worse pain list.

I could not put my finger on the cause of it, all I know was both times it happened my legs were very cold, and I'd had been sitting resting with my legs up ?

I think it could have something to do with lack of fluids and blood circulation.

Cramps have worsened since my weight loss.

Back