• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Crappy day! Poss TMI re my blummin dog!

salski

Well this weekend I have been feeling yucky, tummy ache and back ache. Last night I had horrific cramping pains. They lasted about 5 mins, then a 10 min break followed by another 5 min episode. I felt like crap and it was like the worst period pain I have had in a long while.
I asked my mum for advice and she said to ring the doc out as it could be the start of labour. I was convinced it wasn't so I decided to go to bed and rest.
Hubby went to take doggy our for her final walk about 11.30ish whilst I was snoozing....he arrived back after about 10 mins panting saying 'Sally come quick I need you help'
I absolutely crapped myself. The way he sounded was like someone had been murdered and I was instantly sick...well bile rose in my throat...I legged it down the stairs and he said our dog is being humped! (We had literally just booked her in to be spayed on Friday but as she is on season she can't be done for 3 months) I was so releived that he wasn't hurt or no one had been murdered...until he explained the dogs were stuck together!
I didnt understand so set off laughing - I think it was the relief of no one being seriously hurt...anyway I got shoes and coat on and walked up to the top of street where my bloody poor dog was literally 'stuck' to another dog bum to bum! I thought we should attempt to pull them apart but with her whimpering I should leave it and ring the emergency vet.
He basically said its normal and to leave them up to half an hour and they will come apart naturally! I then googled it on my phone and they all said the same.
I got them a bowl of water and sat and stroked them to keep them both calm. She was whimpering so bad I felt awful but as we didnt know this other dog I made him stroke him so I didnt get bitten! Selfish but the vet said to keep them both calm.
20 MINS LATER....they finally prised themselves apart! ARGH!!!!
So basically I now have to pay our for the spay that had already been booked £90 and the morning after pill for the dog...£48 x 3 injections!
I decided to say in bed this morning due to the cramps last night so rang in sick, and the pain is still there at the back of my mind...I seem to have become tender and need a wee literally ALL the time.
Sorry for long winded post but I just want to laugh and cry and be angry and upset all at once!
Sally

What a night!

The pains and the wanting to wee could mean a urine infection hun - common when pregnant. Please ring your midwife to get your wee tested.

Stupid I know, but I dont have any contact details of my midwife. She runs out of a different hospital and they are not interested in me as I am a Salford patient.
Due to see her Wed, but was wondering if I should just ring my doc to see what they reckon. Or if I should just wait until Wed morn?! Stupid I know...but the midwives seriously dont like me as I changed hospitals as I didnt feel that I was getting the right care bypass and epilepsy wise. :(

I think you need to pop top to the doctors with a unrine sample. Sounds like you might have a bit of an infection.

Urine infections can give you cramp like labour pains and need to be taken seriously in pregnancy. Please make sure you go to the doctors today hun.

As for the dog! Sorry it made me giggle a little. I can just picture you and your hubby sat at the top of the road stroking 2 dogs doing the business, I sure hope no one drove past! :eek:

Stupid I know, but I dont have any contact details of my midwife. She runs out of a different hospital and they are not interested in me as I am a Salford patient.
Due to see her Wed, but was wondering if I should just ring my doc to see what they reckon. Or if I should just wait until Wed morn?! Stupid I know...but the midwives seriously dont like me as I changed hospitals as I didnt feel that I was getting the right care bypass and epilepsy wise. :(

Don't wait until Wednesday hun. Get a clean pot (boiled sterile) and take a sample to the docs today!

Thanks guys - and you know what I was laughing too...It was the most random of events and these dogs bum to bum. All that was going through my head was 'ases to ases - dust to dust' for some reason which made me laugh all over again. 20 boody minutes! Haha
Just took your advice and rang the docs. They going to ring me back for a phone consultation - I love that about my docs,...means I dont have to treck there and get good advice.
Thanks ladies. Still feel on the verge of giggles as well as tears...Im running on the edge today! Thank god for sick days! :( LOL

Oh your poor dog, lol.....it must have been such a sight! Hope shes ok this morning, apart from feeling sheepish about loosing her virtue :D
I agree about the doc, water infections can be really nasty in pregnancy, dont take any chances (HUGS) XX

poor you and poor doggy ! you def sound like a urine infection i had one when pregnant and thought i was about to give birth! i also had a urine infection last month its terrible, antibiotics made things feel better within a couple of days . Hope your feeling better soon sal x

glad to know your getting sorted out sally, i went into premature labour because of water infections, for some reason it happened at the same stage of each of my 4 pregnancies, which was 35 weeks, it took them till the 3rd to find the pattern, apparantly if not treated, the uterus becomes agitated, and starts to contract. so early diagnosis and treatment is important. gt on some anti biotics asap, and youll soon feel better huni. big hugs xxxx
ps, im not trying to frighten you, just wanted you to know that water infections in pregnancy cant be left or ignored, thats all.

Thanks guys - doc just rang back to say I need to go in at 3.30 with a water sample. I did say to him that I had a bad tummy too so that could be the pain and that the needing a wee might just be the pregnancy in general...he said to come in. Half of me feels like Im a right cautious Nelly and when something little that normal people would 'walk off' I make a song and dance about it!

Not at all! You're pregnant - you have a precious little life to worry about. I don't want to upset or worry you more but a urine infection can cause problems in pregnancy if not treated.

Your doc is right to get you in. You'll be sorted in no time :D

Hi Sal,

Just thinking of you and hoping you get checked out today!

Please keep us posted Angel and put you and your baby before all else... wish I were in Manchester... I'd be going with you!

Love and hugs xxx

Sal, when pregnant theres just no way you can not worry about things....every woman I know has been the same. Your doc is right to get you in and if its nothing at least it puts your mind at rest.....good luck and let us know how you get on XX

Hi Sal. Best rule of thumb in pregnancy is to never ignore anything. I hope everything is ok sweetheart. Silly dogs - they get 'tied' together after mating as the male's penis swells so as not to release the female while impregnation takes place!
I have this piece of trivia in my brain from working too many hight shifts with a care assistant whose day job was a dog breeder!
Hope all goes well with the morning after pill too!
My husband dislocated his shoulder, slipping on wet grass years ago, as our female dog on heat, spotted a male and legged it!

Back