• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cud cry ???

hesh

Hya, i am 6 days post op and finding it really hard, i constantly think about bad foods, mcdonalds kebabs ect its driving me mental, although i no i cant possiably eat them im craving them 10 times worse as before, (doesnt help my sister eating kebabs n pizzas around me) but i dont expect people to change for me is this normal because at the moment im thinking this is the worst mistake ive ever ever made and just want to cry :( ??

Hesh
It is prob all the big come-down post op.... Obv not helped by someone in the room eating junk food BUT I am quite sure when you have shifted some weight and you know that the scales are going down you will know that you have made the right decision!
The junk food will only ever be exactly that, think how you would feel this time next year if you had carried on getting the junk into your trunk... Bet it wont be the place that you will be in which will be slimmer healthier and happier xxxxxxxx

honey the percentage rate of people regretting the op in the first month afterwards is really high! once you start to feel well and energetic and the weight starts coming off you will feel amazing :) its the post op blues honey, it will get better, really. Hope you feel better soon :) xxx

yeah i no your right what your saying, i want to be thin more than i like food but giving it up 4eva is a massive life change i think im just struggling with the reality of it all x

Hun i was the same, my friend asked me to pop to the chicken place and get her chicken and chips while she was having her hair done. and i bit her head off and said... what when you know i cant eat it!! i was a bit manic at first... but once i got through the liquid stage and puree stage... it wore off... now im happy to stand in the chippy while my daughter buys chips... and i dont even fancy one xx
your emotions will be all over the place at the moment.. but it will get easier hun xx

It def sounds more of a 'post-op shock thingy' .... Reality I guess, your body is not set not to eat, your mind needs to catch up and it will.... I bet in a short space of time you wont even fancy the junk hun - try and give yourself some theraputic things to do to fill your 'eating' time up - I'm going to buy a colouring book & pastels, I love colouring in LOL (sound about 5) but its important to fill the time you spent eating and things (particularly in the eves and weekend) with something else xxxx

How you're feeling is completely understandable and although I can't speak from experience, I'm sure you'll be feeling loads better and completely happy with your decision in no time - you've just had a life changing op, give it time.

Maybe ask your sister if she could lay off the food that is tempting you for just a few weeks until you're a bit less vulnerable - I'm sure she won't mind as she wouldn't want to make it harder on you unnecessarily x

Sounds like head hunger sweetie ... we are addicts of sorts & this addiction will take time to fade. You physically could not eat these things at the minute & by the time you can it will be better. You will eventually be able to eat most things (dumping considered) but you will not want the same amounts. You only had your tummy operated on not your head so it may take a while, but you will succeed, sweet xxx :):)

Your 6 days po not 6 months just concentrate on recovering after all its the crap food that put us all here in the 1st place and as for people eating junk food around you do they not take into consideration what youve just had done.

I'm sure they put something in the anaesthetic that make you crave food, the pizza advert has made me crave pizza all night and I never bother with pizza lol. Try not to worry I had my op on wed and have had terrible head hunger today even though I'm not hungry, also smells of food is setting me off. This is all normal and will get better are body is living off very few calories it's just going into a bit of shock. So your not alone and the feeling is normal :) x x x

I went thru exactly the same 10 days post op i broke my heart wondering wot the hell I'd done cause i soooo wanted some chips and some fizzy pop (i was a proper non diet fizzy pop addict), i really struggled until i hit the 4/5 wk mark where i cud start trying foods without blending it started getting easier and now i am happy with my decision although only 3 stone down i know i done the right thing. I have tried most of my bad habits hoping my taste buds had changed n i didnt like them no more but not they still tasted lovely only now shud i have chips i put 3 on my plate with some chicken, eat the chicken first and if room left i will eat the chips but u focus that much getting in ur protein u dont have room for much more. I havent found any food that have made me dump unfortunately so am finding willpower I never knew I had b4. I still miss my fizzy pop and probs always will but it will be worth it am sure of it xx

Things will get better, keep strong it will be so worth it x

Thankyou people this has helped me alot, yeah i no even adverts on the tele is making me crave food which never happened b4, im no where near hungry i havent felt hungry since me op it is just in my head but my god its hard to over come x

I had my op last week and I'm dreaming of food. I wake up with the taste of Turkish Delight in my mouth the head hunger is so bad lol.
I think it's normal and something we will all go through. Especially in the first few months of sloppy food. I'm looking forward to being able to have a saucer full of chewy food and I'm positive it'll all change from then on in.
You're really not alone hun. We're all in the same boat.
XX

Hya, i am 6 days post op and finding it really hard, i constantly think about bad foods, mcdonalds kebabs ect its driving me mental, although i no i cant possiably eat them im craving them 10 times worse as before, (doesnt help my sister eating kebabs n pizzas around me) but i dont expect people to change for me is this normal because at the moment im thinking this is the worst mistake ive ever ever made and just want to cry :( ??

Guess what? You're perfectly normal

They don't call the first week post op Hell Week for nothing, we all feel a little buyers remorse and think what have I done, but it will pass. The cravings are hard to deal with but in time they will diminish and very soon food will lose its grip on you.

A few short weeks from now none of your clothes will fit, you'll start to feel fantastic and people will be telling you great you look. You should come back to this post and chuckle about how differently you feel then. You have been given the chance of a new life, one filled with normality and achievement, that has to be worth a little discomfort doesn't it? Good luck x

I did that first few weeks thats all I wanted was kebab but your head has got to get round to the fact of what you have had done and it is hard but you can do it good luck hun xx

Thanks people, im ok today feeling very positive it must just be my emotions all over the place :) x

Thanks people, im ok today feeling very positive it must just be my emotions all over the place :) x
aww thats good honey :) xxx

Back