• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

DAILY CALORIE AND FAT LIMITS

BlondeMoment

Hi Guys and Gals

Could anyone please tell me what the recommended daily calorie and fat limits are,as i dont think i am anywhere near what i should be having,and i worried about my body going into starvation mode.

I work 4 x 12hr shifts so a typical day will be as follows :

Breakfast - Banana (5am)
Mid morning snack - 2 snack a jacks (41 calories each).
Lunch -3 ryvita type crispbread with really light cheese spread no butter
Tea -small amount chicken or fish with mash
Supper -Muller Light Yoghurt

I would be grateful for any advise please.

xx

Hi there Blonde :)

Sorry I'm not sure what the amount your supposed to be eating is but did not want to read and run. Someone will be along soon prolly :).

WOW btw well done on the loss so far, I hope I do as well as you!

I would have a slice of wholemeal toast or a weetabix with skimmed milk for breakfast, lose the snakajacks for the snack and replace with a banana or apple or other fruit, for lunch try and have some protein - chicken or fish with your crispbreads and some salad - mid afternoon - another piece of fruit - supper - yours seems fine - then if you can force the muller light down before you go to sleep then fabulous! Dont forget your fluid intake all through the day - really important.

Cant tell you how many calories you should be eating because for me its a case of just getting the food in.

Hello there for women its aroung 1500-2000 calories a day and the daily allowance for fat is 70 grams

all the best - mejulie x x

Hi Guys and Gals

Could anyone please tell me what the recommended daily calorie and fat limits are,as i dont think i am anywhere near what i should be having,and i worried about my body going into starvation mode.

I work 4 x 12hr shifts so a typical day will be as follows :

Breakfast - Banana (5am)
Mid morning snack - 2 snack a jacks (41 calories each).
Lunch -3 ryvita type crispbread with really light cheese spread no butter
Tea -small amount chicken or fish with mash
Supper -Muller Light Yoghurt

I would be grateful for any advise please.

xx

I can only advise from the gastric bypass point of view, so keep in mind that it may be different for you as a sleever.

Calories per day:
In the first 3 months around 400-600 calories per day which 50% should be protein. From 3-6 months 500-700 cals per day, again 50% protein. From 6months to 1 year post-op, 800-1000 cal per day. Between year one and two you should be able to reach a calorie intake of 1200 per day. Again at every stage your protein should be 50% of your diet until you reach over 1000 cals then your protein should be about 40% of your diet.

Having a look at your diet you are eating carbs at every meal and you are eating an empty snack of snack-a-jacks which gives you zero nutrition. Try eating a protein rich snack (cheese, nuts, sliced meats) and carbs only once per day. You are also low on veg, add a salad if you can. Also a piece of fruit is not a substantial enough breakfast, you should aim for 100-150 cals per meal and 50-100 cals per snack at your stage.

As for fat, I was told no more than 5g/100g serving as a fat guideline. Some people are more tolerant to fat but you should monitor your intake until you get the hang of it.

Hope that helps,
Nic;)

Just looked over some of my own menus from the last couple of weeks and noticed a banana & milky coffee breakfast, several days without enough veg so I should follow my own advice, huh:eek::eek::eek:? Just goes to show you that you can *know* the right things but if you don't *do* them, it doesn't do any good!!

Best of luck hun:),
Nic

Hi there, I was given this simple guide by my surgeon and dietician.

Whatever the size plate, on a main meal, the foods groups should divided as such.

PROTEIN - No bigger than the size of your clenched fist.
CARBS - No bigger than the size than the inside of your cupped hand.
VEGETABLES - can fill the rest of the plate.

Calorie intake per day:
No MORE than 1500, no LESS than 800 as starvation mode can kick in

Fat intake per day:
No MORE than 70g

Try and stick to low sugar or sugar free varieties of products.

Exercise (something that raises your heartrate and breathing) for 30 mins twice a day when possible.

I hope that helps....:D Do you as a sleever, have to be more aware of fat and sugar, like a bypasser?

I can only advise from the gastric bypass point of view, so keep in mind that it may be different for you as a sleever.

Calories per day:
In the first 3 months around 400-600 calories per day which 50% should be protein. From 3-6 months 500-700 cals per day, again 50% protein. From 6months to 1 year post-op, 800-1000 cal per day. Between year one and two you should be able to reach a calorie intake of 1200 per day. Again at every stage your protein should be 50% of your diet until you reach over 1000 cals then your protein should be about 40% of your diet.

Having a look at your diet you are eating carbs at every meal and you are eating an empty snack of snack-a-jacks which gives you zero nutrition. Try eating a protein rich snack (cheese, nuts, sliced meats) and carbs only once per day. You are also low on veg, add a salad if you can. Also a piece of fruit is not a substantial enough breakfast, you should aim for 100-150 cals per meal and 50-100 cals per snack at your stage.

As for fat, I was told no more than 5g/100g serving as a fat guideline. Some people are more tolerant to fat but you should monitor your intake until you get the hang of it.

Hope that helps,
Nic;)

Thanku PG

By the sounds of it,i am having no where near enough what i should be eating protein wise,i do stick to less than 5g of fat per 100g,so thats ok.
I think i need to look at calorie counting,the problem is in the past i have dieted by counting fat content and not calories i now need to re-educate myself.

Thankyou again.

xx

Hi there, I was given this simple guide by my surgeon and dietician.

Whatever the size plate, on a main meal, the foods groups should divided as such.

PROTEIN - No bigger than the size of your clenched fist.
CARBS - No bigger than the size than the inside of your cupped hand.
VEGETABLES - can fill the rest of the plate.

Calorie intake per day:
No MORE than 1500, no LESS than 800 as starvation mode can kick in

Fat intake per day:
No MORE than 70g

Try and stick to low sugar or sugar free varieties of products.

Exercise (something that raises your heartrate and breathing) for 30 mins twice a day when possible.

I hope that helps....:D Do you as a sleever, have to be more aware of fat and sugar, like a bypasser?

Thanku Caz

As i just said to PG i am going to have to educate myself :D.
When i left hospital i was given the same leaflet as bypassers to follow,but for me it isnt as drastic as it is for them because i still have my natural stomach so i dont dump,.....but to be honest i dont eat foods that contain alot of fat or sugar so i havent found out.:D.
I never have had a sweet tooth it was savoury things before my op.

As for exercise i am going to try going on my stepper this week and i have just got a mini trampoline and weights free off freecycle :D:D:D.

Thankyou again.

Hi there Blonde :)

Sorry I'm not sure what the amount your supposed to be eating is but did not want to read and run. Someone will be along soon prolly :).

WOW btw well done on the loss so far, I hope I do as well as you!

Thankyou Swizzlestick.

I am sure you will do as well or even better on the loosing scales.It isnt easy for anyone but with wls it definately is a tool to help you get to the weight you havent been for years and beyond :D.The weight i am at now is what i was 13 yrs ago but this time i know it isnt going to go any higher.

thanku again

Calories per day:

Hope that helps,
Nic;)

Brilliant info this has shown me that i am completely normal with the amounts i am eating 3 months post bypass thankyou so much. janey :thankyou:

Nic thanks i think that now explains my stall and the slow down in weight loss beforehand as i am still struggling to manage 600 calories a day let alone 800-1000, so i definately need to pick my eating up. Maybe i will keep a diary for a few weeks and see how it goes. I also looked at how much protien a day i should be having and it comes to 70-98gms per day, i am compensating for this with a protien shake per day. My problem has been to keep the protien quantity right my other food values suffer. i keep hoping that the gallbladder removal will improve things but realistically i need to start tackling this now not a month down the line

Hiya I went to see my dietician last tuesday, and asked her how many calories I should be having. Keep in mind I have a band fitted, and not had the sleeve done. Anyway, she said I should be on at least 1000 calories, but no more than 1200. I am slowly trying to boost my calorie intake, as I figure I am on about 750 calories at the moment. Make sure you are getting enough fruit, veg, protein etc.

MNL

Back