• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 4....6 to go!

Lizzo

Well, I've made it to day 4 of the pre-op diet, and not deviated so far!

The diet sheet I was given was a bit woolly to say the least, but it is basically very low calorie, with the absolute minimum of fat and sugar.

It does seem to be getting easier as I get used to the hunger pangs, but one thing I would recommend to anyone about to start the diet is to make sure you have a yogurt or fruit (if allowed) before going to bed. I've had a couple of poor night's sleep due to a rumbling stomach, but the yogurt trick alleviated this problem. It didn't get rid of the problem of getting up half a dozen times to go to the toilet, but I guess this is good, as I'm losing all my retained fluid!

That damned liver better be shrinking.......!!

6 days to go till my op on 29th - BRING IT ON !!

Last edited:
good luck lizzo :) xxx

your akmost half way there and doing great, i am at the end of day 1 and havent found it too bad, will take on board your tip about yogurt at bed time. what soups are you having? i made roasted mediteranean veg soup tonight, it was ok but dont think i could stomach it again tomorrow? x

Good luck hun...this is the hardest bit xx

your akmost half way there and doing great, i am at the end of day 1 and havent found it too bad, will take on board your tip about yogurt at bed time. what soups are you having? i made roasted mediteranean veg soup tonight, it was ok but dont think i could stomach it again tomorrow? x

Unfortunately, my pre-op diet doesn't include soup. Mind you, I'll probably be getting plenty soup afterwards!

I did make a turkey mince chilli, with carrots, green beans and sweetcorn mixed in, which I can have with a little pasta or small baked potato. I started with 400g turkey mince, which is lasting me for 4 meals (it would normally all get eaten in one go!!!!). It's nice and spicy, which is a lovely antidote to my lunchtime fare of Ryvitas & cottage cheese!

Good luck with the rest of your diet - I know it's tough, but the rewards will be well worth it!

Lizzo you are luck you have been placed on the 2 week diet I have to do it for 4 weeks and that is even through xmas n new year weeks

It will be worth it in the long run - it was the hardest thing i have done in a long long time - wish i could have stuck to slimming world like i did that diet and i wouldnt have needed my op lol!
Good luck

Lizzo you are luck you have been placed on the 2 week diet I have to do it for 4 weeks and that is even through xmas n new year weeks

OUCH!! That sounds tough! My diet is so restrictive they say it can only be done for a maximum of 10 days, and I certainly could not see myself being able to stick to it for 4 weeks.

All the very best with yours, helekisapa. I hope that you don't feel too miserable on it and, I know that it is easy to say, but it WILL be worth it. It really will!!

2 days to go for me now... the end of the old me is in sight........

ive been on this soup and youghurt diet since 7th november op day is 29th nov too - have to say i cheated last night - ate a raw mushroom - who would think that would be cheating? Good luck Lizzo we are having our ops on same day x

ive been on this soup and youghurt diet since 7th november op day is 29th nov too - have to say i cheated last night - ate a raw mushroom - who would think that would be cheating? Good luck Lizzo we are having our ops on same day x

How COULD you?? A raw mushroom - what a sin :D:D:D:D.

I'm beginning to feel lucky that my diet has "only" been 10 days! I can't believe how much the pre-op diet varies between surgeons. Still, several people have said that this is the worst part of the whole process, so let's hope so, eh?

And all the very best to you, too, Doughie. Not long now for us! xx

I know a whole mushroom hehe - the diet is pretty boring, i am soup and yoghurt - the yoghurt is now making me gag - thank goodness just a couple of days and then only water - yes we dont have long, what time is your op? mine is 9 am and i am getting a little nervous xx

How COULD you?? A raw mushroom - what a sin :D:D:D:D.

I'm beginning to feel lucky that my diet has "only" been 10 days! I can't believe how much the pre-op diet varies between surgeons. Still, several people have said that this is the worst part of the whole process, so let's hope so, eh?

And all the very best to you, too, Doughie. Not long now for us! xx

Good luck for Tuesday, Lizzo & Doughie ... hope you both sail through it & look forward to hearing from you both when you are back home xxx :):):):)

Good luck lizzie 7 doughie for tomorrow. Xxxxx

Good Luck!!! x x

Well, I'm now 10 days post-surgery, and can't believe how well I feel! I'll post details in the Post-op section, but just wanted to say thanks to all the well-wishers. xx

How are you, Doughie? Hope you feel as well as I do xx

Back