• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

despite my moaning ive reached a mini goal

BandyEmm

When i last had my check up in August i think :D i was 126kg or was it 124kg but any way i said i wanted to get to 120kg before my next check up, and i am at 120.2 kg so my little goal ive set ive reached and i got my next check up early december, but id like to get to 118kg cos there scales were slightly different to mine.

So thats a positive note for me, considering im snail pace hehe xxx

I still don't really understand why you think you're doing badly Emm. About 4 stone a year is slap bang average weight loss for a bander. I think if you are following a set calorie amount and exercising a couple hours a day it goes a bit faster but I know you have to be pretty strict with it if you stand even a chance of losing weekly...even then we are lucky to get a pound a week.
I'm glad you are feeling better though x

Thanks Dc xx

Neen, I just feel as if i am, No one has said that i am, but my weightloss compared to other banders whos had theres this year too makes me think im doing badly ( i know slap on the wrist for comparing) I have very little self confidence or easteam so i assume thats why im always so negative, and maybe i simply have too high expectations and am way to hard on myself .... Blugh give me a kick up the rear pleasssee xx

Em honestly , you just said it yourself...don't compare!!! I made that mistake and you are only going to end up feeling depressed over it x
I lost recently doing the rosemary conley induction diet which is basically 1200 cals a day with low fat and high protein.
It's a strict eating plan for two weeks but it did shift some pounds for me...trouble is I like my treats and I didnt exercise at all last week so I am staying the same again.
I think if you can find a balance and maybe try calorie counting for a week to see roughly what you are having , then either tweak the calories or add exercise and see what happens after a week trying a slightly new food plan etc.
Keep tweaking and you will get to a point where you have a few good weigh ins.
It does need constant tweaking though and thats the rubbish bit but hopefully it will be worth it.
See what your dietician says and maybe add in some dancing round the living room to your fave music...adding some extra exercise can be as simple as that and then you aren't bored just doing something repetitive x

Emma, preconceptions are an awful thing, i know i compare to other bypassers and think i'm doing badly! Heck, i know a bander who has lost virtually as much as me after only having a week or so between our surgeries...

Forget what other people are doing and just concentrate on what you are doing.... Very well done on your loss so far, slowly slowly catchy monkey, remember! xx

Hi Em., you are going down and that's what so important, plus it's better to lose it slowly if you can and keep as well as you can... I think you are looking and sounding brilliant and it's your type of loss that works well for me... so keep going and keep losing love... doesn't matter when as long as it's coming off once and for all...
Love and hugs always Em xxx

Thats brill news, keep up the good work em xx

Emma you are doing great sweetheart. As Neen says 4 stone a year is average as we should lose around 1lb per week. I'm 18 months out and have lost 6 stone so even though I have felt like Ive not done well I am on par with what the surgeon told me. Well done on your weight loss so far, I think you're doing fine xxxx

When i last had my check up in August i think :D i was 126kg or was it 124kg but any way i said i wanted to get to 120kg before my next check up, and i am at 120.2 kg so my little goal ive set ive reached and i got my next check up early december, but id like to get to 118kg cos there scales were slightly different to mine.

So thats a positive note for me, considering im snail pace hehe xxx

BandyEmm,

You're doing really well. Snails pace or not, by virtue of the fact you are achieving the goals you set yourself is brilliant. I agree with Neen. So well done you :clap:

Well done to you. Keeping losing is the key so that you dont get fed up. Every little bit adds up so keep your chin up!
loads of love
Jo XX

Back