• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Did you have problems with your wounds?

Loppie

Had to visit my provider today as my port site started to open (all other wounds are healing lovely).

It's now a cavity wound about half an inch deep. I am having to pack the wound with aquacel, daily and place a mepore dressing on top. Luckily I can do this myself no probs as i'm trained.

The thing is, even though i'm a nurse, it's stressing me, because it's me. Has anyone else had problems with their wounds and did they heal up fine?

hope your wound heal soon ......try not to stress too much. take it easy...x

Hi loppie sounds horrible for you. Was it caused by something or just out the blue?

mine was the same.

my friend is a nurse so she packed mine with silver till it healed and i kept it dry.

all ok now x

My consultat said after my op, I cant shower for 8 weeks!?
eugh!!

Wow I'm surprised by that Frankie. I was able to shower the following day after surgery as they used these little waterproof dressings on the 'wounds'. Had to keep them on for a couple of weeks (they got changed) but they worked really well.

My consultat said after my op, I cant shower for 8 weeks!?
eugh!!

That doesn't sound right especially as the surgeon you are having is the same as I had and provider. Mr super uses glue which enables showering even the same day after op, even the hw guidelines for other surgeons who use stitches doesn't quote 8 weeks so I would query that.

I had to wait 10days before showering. This was also with H/W but single incision. But still had dressing on stitches.
As it happened the dissolvable stitches didn't dissolve so had to wait 15 days before they gave me gave me the ok. Thank God for flannels and hairdressers.

X

Back