• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Difficult Day

Alia

Today was quite difficult for me. My husband and I and my baby and youngest daughter went shopping, the baby had some money to spent so we went to argos to buy him a couple of toys. Hubby was starving hungry by the time we fought through the crows and visited a few other shops.

He decided to get a subway for him and my daughter, the biggest cup of full fat coke you ever saw and I got a latte from Costa next door. They sat in the car eating them and for the first time it bothered me a bit but I managed to not have any of either of their sandwiches. Hubby is sat here with the dreaded cheese puffs and I did contemplate sucking on one but did n't so I've asked for my daughter to get me a slim a soup and I've stil got about half of my slimfast drink to get down before I sleep.

Despite it being difficult I'm proud that I did n't cave in to my cravings, I've never been this focused before. Yeah me!!

hey well done you !!! thats brilliant will power !

liz

Well done hun. It won't always be this hard, no too long from now you too can eat at subway. They have lovely salads and eventually you will be able to do small portions of bread so don't fret. It get's easier and you will be able to nibble some of the things you used to love without guilt. Good for you today though!:p

Alia well done on you. I had a difficult one today was very short of time and had to eat on the run. my son and sister were having fish and chips so i had the tinyest portion of fish all batter removed and a portion of peas. I chewed for england and probably managed about a dessert spoon full as it just felt so wrong eating it.
I too will be so pleased when i can have more adventures with food especially salad and fresh fruit other than bananas, and soft fruits so want to get my teeeth in a comfrence pear.
keep up the good work
carole

Alia well done on you. I had a difficult one today was very short of time and had to eat on the run. my son and sister were having fish and chips so i had the tinyest portion of fish all batter removed and a portion of peas. I chewed for england and probably managed about a dessert spoon full as it just felt so wrong eating it.
I too will be so pleased when i can have more adventures with food especially salad and fresh fruit other than bananas, and soft fruits so want to get my teeeth in a comfrence pear.
keep up the good work
carole

It can be incredibly hard when others around you are eating and its hard to resent them but then you have to think they are only doing whats normal to them and its you thats changed things.

Well done to you for just having the tiniest portion.

How much weight have you lost just since your bypass? Your 13 days ahead of me so its interesting to know

Alia xxx

Alia, you did really well, i'm proud of you.

It is so hard, when you see all these foods, even healthy ones like subway, and it can get really depressing knowing you can't have any.

It's so worth it hun, keep up the good work. xx

i remember being on cd and feeling so down when everyone ate around me it was always so hard ,and a part of me is so scared about what i will be like when i start fills but no feeling of jealousy or want (ie food lol) will be anywhere near as bad as i feel being big and getting bigger:cry::(

so not eating as much or the same or the feelings you get will be anywhere near the feelings of happiness and the confidence you will get as the weight comes off ,i just have to get the fills to feel that lol

so well done its a step in the right direction xxx

ugh i just typed a big long reply and then hit the diet chef add below instead of post. can't be jacked retyping, but i wanted you all to know it was incredibly wise and insightful. you would have loved it.

welldone on your will power, i dont deny myself anything but instead just have a mouthfull i dont want to start a guilt cycle and dont ever want to feel not normal im on a life long eating plan now and not a diet so trying to be normal in how look at food , i also have the willpower of a ant lol

Alia - Sound like you may be experiencing a bit of head hunger at the moment, you see it and because you've always been able to eat it you want it, thats your brain telling you that you really want it, not your body. In reality you'd have eaten a few mouthfulls of the sub and then thrown up, and the coke would have given you hiccups or gas for the rest of the day.........then next time your head hunger started on you, you'd remember the last time you tried it ;)
We all get head hunger, and 4 months on i still get it to a degree, though its starting to not bother me so much now, my biggest thing was fresh crusty bread, nowdays though i live without it and to be honest i now dont miss it !

Alia - Sound like you may be experiencing a bit of head hunger at the moment, you see it and because you've always been able to eat it you want it, thats your brain telling you that you really want it, not your body. In reality you'd have eaten a few mouthfulls of the sub and then thrown up, and the coke would have given you hiccups or gas for the rest of the day.........then next time your head hunger started on you, you'd remember the last time you tried it ;)
We all get head hunger, and 4 months on i still get it to a degree, though its starting to not bother me so much now, my biggest thing was fresh crusty bread, nowdays though i live without it and to be honest i now dont miss it !

Thanks for sharing that with me Silver. What you say makes sense. Today I went to a party for adults and children and they all had lovely food and the most deliscious looking chocolate cake with cream and it did n't bother me once even though previously I'd have been happy to have two slices of the cake. Dont know why I wanted the sub as thats not something I would previously have eaten. The mind boggles. :eek:

Thats it!! Thats what I keep getting Head Hungry, I am NOT hungry at all, but I keep looking in my fridge and cupboards seeing what might just slip down. Last night it really got to me and I was thinking ""What the Hell have i Done""
I ended up just going tio bed, But I must admit I am finding it hard to stick to just liquids:(

Thats it!! Thats what I keep getting Head Hungry, I am NOT hungry at all, but I keep looking in my fridge and cupboards seeing what might just slip down. Last night it really got to me and I was thinking ""What the Hell have i Done""
I ended up just going tio bed, But I must admit I am finding it hard to stick to just liquids:(

Ok this is going to sound a bit un 'PC' but i've found the best way to deal with the head hunger is to not deny yourself but to try the food your craving, this way you'll eat it, probably chuck up and feel like crap for an hour or so and next time your head says 'i have to eat this' you wont want it.
Obviously if your still on liquids or the mush stage you need to be careful !

Thats bound to happen from time to time. I have the same kind of thing going around the supoer market and find myself going to add all the bad stuff to the trolley, stuff that I ate in abundance before surgery and I have to catch myself and think what the hell I'm doing. I've thought to myself what do I have in thats nice to eat but haven't actually got as far as raiding cupboards and the fridge yet

Lol im the opposite my son keeps opening the doors in the kitchen and saying there are other people in this house that still need to eat you know.
Better get to the shops later and get him some goodies in.
carole

Back