• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do you think you will have plastics after your weight loss?

Hiya Girls

Mine is going to be all in one go and he is a local surgeon to you Nova so when your ready i will pass on his details once I know what he has done with me that is

All the best
Jo
xx

Hiya Girls

Mine is going to be all in one go and he is a local surgeon to you Nova so when your ready i will pass on his details once I know what he has done with me that is

All the best
Jo
xx

Thanks Jo... will keep an eye out for it. Do you know when you're having the plastics???

My skin seems quite firm so I'm really hoping I'm not going to need plastics, but I may be kidding myself!

I was told in the same letter which approved my WLS funding, that funding for plastics wouldn't be available except in 'exceptional' circumstances. I don't know what that would be though!

I'm hoping for the best and if do need some plastics, I suppose I'll just save up for it to be done privately. I'd only have the absolute essential stuff done in any case....TT and arms, maybe thighs as they already look like elephant legs!

Thanks Jo... will keep an eye out for it. Do you know when you're having the plastics???

Hiya

yeah hopefully in the next couple of weeks just got to make sure my legs have heeled ok from having my vains done then should be all go. Find out on monday if it will go ahead the next week. So looking forward to finishing this chapter of my life. Sounds daft really

Jo
xx

I think I will be ok, may possibly need some lipo on my lower tum above my hysterectomy scar. Obviously I wont get that on the NHS and after all the ops I have had Im not even considering anything as drastic as a TT. My boobs are still an H cup as they have been for many years so although I would be happy for them to shrink I doubt they will, even at my skinniest they were an E, so no boob job for me either.

You lucky moo! Mine are a C, and when Ive done loosing weight they will probably be a very very looooooooong B!! x

I am having the full works in one go and that saves quite a bit of money (tummy legs arms boobs and bum/back). So well worth seeing how much you can cope with at once. Mind you i might not say that once I have done it lol.

Jo
xx
Hi Jo - I see you are local to me and was wondering who is doing your plastics as I am looking at going down this route too. I can't pm you as I am a relative newbie here although I am over 2rs post op
Reply appreciated
Gill

If we came into a whole heap of money then I would be having plastics yes, I would have the lot done, I would look like a patchword doll under my clothes lol But I dont intend on applying for funding for plastics on the NHS, Ive had my surgery on them, I think personally I would be a little bit cheeky to expect that too.
Steph xx

I want my boobs doing anyway as since having the girls they are just empty. I'll prob need my tummy doing too but its highly unlikely ill get it on the NHS. This area is so bad for refusing, my mums next door neighbour is on her second appeal, she goes before a panel on the 11th. She was originally 28 stone and about 5ft tall and now has so much excess skin it is like a skirt and hangs to her knees the poor woman. She has ulcers under the fold of skin and is constantly having to have antibiotics for infections and they refused it as they said it was cosmetic and for vanity! The poor woman has no quality of life due to the skin and is desperate for them to ok it on the 11th.

This in mind i guess ill be saving up for my nip and tucks and boobies!

This is a difficult one isnt it? I am not going to end up with loads of loose skin as my arms and legs were not particularly big - only my middle. I will however end up with loose skin on my tummy (I already have some). I know that it wont be bad enough to cause problems it will just be unsightly to me. Best get myself a good pair of spanks pants and tuck it all in!!

I have problems with my upper eyelids as my eyes are quite 'inset'. My dad had the same and he has gone blind as his upper lids caused the hairs to turn inward and scratch his eyes but he had eyelid lifts on the NHS. As this is a. an area that is noticeable and b. possibly would affect my eyesight perhaps I should be hankering after this rather than a tummy tuck and do it before they get too bad! As I paid for my wls I think I best just get saving again . . .

My boobs are already looking a little deflated but nothing a good bra wont sort out - and age 50+ I think they are on a downward spiral anyway!! (quite literally)

Lol....Im under 50 and mine went on that downward spiral years ago :eek: Sadly the rest of my body went with em ;) XX

hi every one its been realy intresting reading this thread.
im 2 yrs post op now and have maintained my weight for 12 months but my body is still changing!!
if i was told i could have some but not all done it would be in order of priority my arms , boobs, legs tummy and bum!!
i will get some more pics don as my others are 8 months old and i have changed again in that time so although things look bad for you at the mo it does get better and i can now understand why the pct's who do fund say you have to maintain for 2 yrs!!
my pct have refused on the grouns of inefficiant use of resources and i suppose at the end of the day loose skin isnt going to kill me but wouldnt it be great if yu could donate skin to the burns unit!!!

iknow i willp robably need something done...lower body lift i think so tummy & thighs mainly.
I am lucky that my arms have never been huge and i can live witht hose (try and tone them a bit at the gym)....same for the boobs really lol

I intend to try and apply for funding later on down the line when i can but i also know if i get refused then my parents have offered to help fund the plastics for lower body :)

I am desperately hoping to get funding for a TT at the moment but I have been thinking more and more about how much "work" my body needs :sigh:

I think if I had the money, I would also get something done about my thighs as I think the wobbly bits may actually be from weight loss rather then the problem being fat as they don`t change however much weight I lose, Much the same as my tummy. I would love to lose my billion chins too. This is another area I don`t seem to lose weight on :(

I also think I would maybe go in for a face lift as I`ve noticed my face is beginning to "hang" - Can`t explain what I mean, Sorry :rolleyes: lol

Although I wouldn`t want to go bigger (infact, Smaller would be nice!) It would be good if I could stop my spaniels ears from swinging round my ankles!! :8855:

Basically, I just need a body transplant!! :8855:

I am so soon postop its hard to say, but if I go on stretch marked areas alone, I will need thighs, arms and abdomen doing. I have been 20ish stone for almost 20 years and I can't see it all zapping back to shape.

In our area only one person has been funded in the last 2 years and they are saying no more. Fortunately my dad has already said he would fund the above (its £6K for all 3 areas if you have it done in one go) and after that I shall see. I am so utterly grateful to him for this and for the NHS for my op, I can't see my having anything else done and would only have the bits I mention above done if they caused me big problems mentally or physically.

Back