• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dodgy liver function tests.. now have to get a liver scan?

mandym1

My LFT results came back irregular, so my GP has referred me for a liver ultra sound scan.

I have had this happen before and another doctor told me its probably because I have a fatty liver, being overweight. (still waiting for my answer on funding for bypass).

This Doctor says that this would not explain the results though and it is not related to my weight.

I'm a bit worried now, as anyone else ever had this?

Hi Mandy - Hope its not serious for you hun x

I would check with your GP to find out where the problem lies, and what exactly they are looking for.

If you google liver ultrasound test, this may give you some idea what they are looking for - but don`t let it frighten you as it may not be anything to do with these results. But may help you understand a bit more.

Hope this helps hun x

Love Kat x

I've just had an ultrasound for abnormal liver function tests - but I'm post-op - and have had a real round of tests because I'm so tired - got enlarged glands all sorts, night sweats etc.

Everything has been normal or explainable so far except my high vit B12 (no injections) - and I have had to stop my omeprazole unless I'm taking an NSAIDs - cos they can cause abnormal liver function.

Been a worrying time - hope the scan is OK now - and some other tests for very unlikely causes!!

Hope you get some answers soon

xx

I had liver results that where all over the place, was kept in addenbrooks for a week, had scans and daily bloods done. The outcome was okay in the end so many Meds go through your body and can effect it's function ... I can't take certain antibiotics or sleep tabs etc ... My thorts are with you xxx

tinks x

Back