• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Don't be too quick to blame your band!

prinny

I thought I would share my recent experiences with you as there is a lesson to be learnt here lol.
I had my band fitted last year all had been fine, weight loss slowly but surely at a nice rate. A few months ago I began vomiting, a couple days on then a couple of days sick free. It got worse to a point where I couldn't keep anything down. My doctor was nice and unsympathetic as usual trying me on any old crap to stop the vomiting and saying he didn't know who was going to pay for an endoscopy ( I had my band fitted privately on a no frills package) and I was worried sick excuse the pun!
I had my endoscopy, turns it it has NOTHING to do with my band. I have some kind of stomach infection not 100% sure till my biopsy comes back but because of the constant vomiting I have corrossion on my eosophogus. No band slippage, no overtight band.............
The lesson is not to just assume it's your band lol. I have gotta laugh or I'd be crying. My other half was saying I should never have had it done etc and I was beggining to think that myself.
I think because we have had this surgery it tends to make you forget you can still get non band related stomach problems.
Long live the band!
Regards Prinny

excellent thread prinny your so right a lot of wls patients tend to blame everything on there op, thanks for sharing your experiences and i hope they can make you feel better soon x

Back