• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dry skin and hair

Lush121

Hi all, had my sleeve 5 weeks ago, and while the weight loss has slowed down it is still happening, so I am happy about that.

What I am a bit concerned about is that my skin and hair has become really dry - my hair was quite oily pre-op and I have washed it daily since I was in my teens, and I have also had quite an oily skin. Now my hair can go three days without it looking greasy, and my skin is peeling it is so dry. I am assuming that this is linked to the fact there is hardly any oil / fat in my current diet, but I just thought that I would ask others if they have had the same experience?

Yes defiantly experienced this & hair loss. I use gallons of Bio oil & Revita hair shampoo & then add Argon Oil to my hair once dry. Kinda helps.

Thanks, just you and me then? :)

I have been using bio oil on my scars and actually rubbed a small amount in my scalp last week overnight, will try and do that more often. My hair is very weak and think, it always has been, but I have not noticed any more hair loss than usual. However my skin is peeling like a lizards! Very horrible

Just noticed mr Mannur did your sleeve. He did mine & is my hero. He just did an endoscope last Monday on me. He is very good.
I also find aqueous cream (Orvelle - Sainburys £2.40) is also very good for dry skin. When I get my allergies & my skin gets worse I smother myself in this post shower. This make is less greasy than other brands so you don't feel like a basted turkey.

Back