• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any ideas for dry hair?

Lisa J

CRYSTAL PALACE FC!
Hi i'm 15 months post op and my hair seems to be really dry, i do have it coloured but this never seem to dry it out but lately the condition has really gone downhill.....any ideas??

My hair has always been dry & i find a spray in & leavin conditioner helps ..as well as conditioning it with every wash as well....I dont know if the makes any difference but I find some shampoo's & conditioners do dry out ur hair and I never use a 2 in 1 lot either............ my hair is so different since I changed ( I use tresemme for dry/damaged hair) HTH

All the best - MeJulie x x

there is a treatment you can buy for really dry/damaged hair, its call australian something, cant remember full name, but i think you put it on and leave it in for so long, then wash it out, its in a sachet. other than that, what about using olive oil, and leaving it on overnight, then wash and condition as normal.

Hi,
Castor oil is very good for your hair. mostly for the growth and health of your hair and it also stops hair from falling. just use some oil 1 hour before washing your hair.

My mother is a beauty therapist and have been from past 30 years. I got some very good tips form her.

make a paste with heena, tea, egg and onion and cover the hair with it and leave for 20/30 mins then wash. its very good for hair.

Hi Lisa, look up the Fudge range...
I know the range is a firm product, since my hair was dry and flyaway... and became thin after cancer treatment...
But read about the Fudge 'Head Bath'... I have had good results with this, it's a prewash treatment... and I use it with Elvive for Men (hair thickener shampoo) and then I use a good conditioner and have a pamper treat each week for my scalp and hair...
It's a treat and it's worked for me... I don't get dandruff and my hair is in good condition, since it went so dry and brittle after my treatment.
I also colour and have highlights regularly...
Dawn may be thinking of the Aussie range, I keep that in too... that has a great conditioning treatment...it's a bit of trial and error, but stick with it.

Hope this helps... love Bev xxx

I really like the Aussie products, they feel like such quality and I thought they worked well for me... hope you are able to get sorted with the hair breakage problem... I sympathise, but likewise the Aussie reconstructing conditioner was really helpful to me... Thank you xxx

Coconut oil is very good make sure you put a heated towel on your head so it gets right into the hair. Leave it on as long as possible.
Also use a conditioning shampoo and a good conditioner the ones for colour treated hair work best xxx

What kind of colour do you use Lisa?

If you are using bleach or permanent colour, that will be really drying your hair out.

Semi-permanent colour is so much kinder as it's 75% conditioner - you know when you see celebrities with super shiny hair and think to yourself 'However did they get such shiny locks?' Well, it's cos they have a semi put on it to make it all shiny & beautiful!

Get yourself a decent trim to get rid of all your dry ends, buy a quality deep conditioning treatment, and use a semi-permanent colour & you will notice a real difference.

Good luck.

xxx

Back