• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dumping without eating?!?!?!?!?

everpositive

I have been quite lucky in that I havent dumped often since the op back in Jan. I hate the term 'dump' actually!!!! I find I get 2 types of dumping - one is where I feel sick, light headed and need to lie down, the other is where you get that awful urgency to go to the loo and the cramps are really bad and you are generally stuck there for some time with your 'dump' - yuck!!

Yesterday morning (whilst away on hols) I got up had a coffee and a ciggy. About 5 mins after I'd finished I got the 'I need to toilet and I need now' feeling. So off I went and there I was stuck for 30 mins. Its worse than a normal loose bowel sitation. Pain is unreal. How did that happen, I didnt even eat anything??????? :cry:

dumping on fats in milk and cream and butter can make you have the 2nd type of dump more so than sugars I think as this is only what I have gathered from speaking to other minis. Did you use a different type of milk?

Have you ever had symptoms of IBS? What you're describing sounds more like IBS than dumping to me.

It sounds like something you ate may have disagreed with you from the night before or something. Might not be dumping but plain old upset stomach.

ok, cheers for the replies guys. A coffee and cigarette is well known for its laxative effects but boy this was like using dynamite and I wasn't constipated in the first place :(

I'm glad there's someone else that suffers this as i get this from time to time, in fact i had one of these episodes this morning, got up, took my vits and within 2 minutes of getting in the car i needed the loo, no needing the loo just doesn't describe the agonising pain ! anyway had to squeeze my butt cheeks all the way to work, which thankfully was only 10 minutes away, straight into the loo for a major poo ! :sick0019:

Not quite sure what causes this, but when i need to go i need to seriously go !

ok, cheers for the replies guys. A coffee and cigarette is well known for its laxative effects but boy this was like using dynamite and I wasn't constipated in the first place :(

I thought it might be the coffee...you are right about the laxative effects...

Hope your ok now...

~hugs~

Back