• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

early days

suesian

hi can anyone tell me if they have had the same problem i am 2 weeks post op today last week i lost 23 pounds but this week i have only lost 2pounds but done nothing different at all any ideas why ? i feel a little low today because of this :sigh:

If you read through, there are a lot of people like this. It's normal. I know it's easy to say but try not to worry.

Your body has gone into self preservation mode and is holding on dearly to everything it can.

The weight will come off, this is the time you need to recover, not worry about the weight.

Hiya, had my op the same day as you, and the weight is very slow coming off, but I think it's like the others say, our bodies have gone into shock and are holding onto the weight xxxx

hiya hun think of it as 25lb in 2 wks now thats good :)
Like other people have said your body must be thinking whats going on here and is holding on fighting till the end. The good news is though that this time the fat has lost the fight, good luck with your journey xxx

i had my op 1 week ago and have only lost 9 lbs but to me thats great as its 9 off rather than 9 on. i dont care if i lose only a couple of lbs aweek as long as it comes of . im in no hurry as i have the rest of my life to get thin ......xxx

23lb in one week is flipping awesome!

You will have weeks where you lose nothing (especially early days) when you may lose nothing! I've had a week of a 1lb loss and two weeks of remaining the same..

We both have a little demon in our heads screaming to our subconscious little angel that we are trying to starve it and so to hold onto everything for dear life! Unfortunately the angel being so angelic and trusting believes the little demon, however when she sees that the evil (male - sorry guys x) demon is in fact telling us lies she will let go of the fat because she wants to be a slinky sexy momma. So keep the faith because it's still gonna come off, it took me 24 yrs to get this fat, i'm darn sure it aint gonna take that long to get rid of it xxx

Thanks for that Julie, I know I mustn't keep getting on the scales every day, I can put on about four pounds in a day! Haven't been to the loo for ages though, just hope I go soon lol xxxx

Back