• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

excercising

Alimac79

I am 4 weeks post op and was wondering what excercises I am able to do, at the moment I am just walking the dog 3 times a day but feel I could be doing more as have loads of energy...at what stage did you guys up the excercise routines?

I am just over 5 weeks post op and feel the same way. I called my team about 10 days ago to ask the same thing and was told gentle walking only, absolutely no swimming or any other exercise at all!. When I have had the all clear from the surgeon at my 6 week check next week then I can go the gym etc.. I was told that although you feel fine and the outside scars look fine there is a lot of healing still to be done on the inside. You will find that people are told different things though so would suggest you ask your team. Glad your feeling so well and good luck with the rest of your journey xx

Hiya, How far do you walk the dog each time? I'm just doing a one mile circuit twice a day-but the dog stays home because she pulls the lead. It's a difficult one as I've been told no swimming until after 6 weeks but I'm raring to go. Woke in the night last night feeling the need to move about. I still get very tired as well though. It's wierd. Also been told no housework for 6 weeks-tragic ( NOT!!)

Thanks Mandy...prob trying to run before I walk as usual, just feeling like I want to do everything NOW. My team will prob tell me the same as yours as they were very clear with the no lifting, or heavy housework etc for 6 weeks..oh well I will stick to walking for now and save the gym etc for later x

Probably doing about 1 mile each time and definately getting quicker...I am also not doing loads of housework but I know after the 6 weeks there will be loads to do...hubby is very good but doesn't see the dirt the way I do lol

Back