• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Exercise after tummy tuck & muscle repair.

Bubbles8504

I was wondering how soon did anyone start light exercise after tummy tuck & muscle repair, everywhere i have read on the internet about tt say 6 wks, i feel fine apart froma little fluid build up which i have been having drained every week.
I desperate to at least a little bit on the exercise bike, my legs are looking like tree trunks.

hi bubbles
hows thing? just reading your post and wondering if you are doing any exercising yet? I went back to work today, and as i work at a gym finding it tempting to just have a go - but know it could probably do more harm in the long run.
Hope you are well hun
xxx

Hi ladies, I started gentle exercise after a few weeks, just avoided abdominal strain (no situps etc). However i didn't have any post-op complications so i would really discuss the matter with your surgeon.

I read 8 weeks for abdominal exercises, i think bike riding would be fine just don't over do it. I'm now 10 wks post op and i do ab crunches and everything. Just give it time to heal, there's no point rushing and ruining the results.

xx

I do high impact cardio and fairly heavy weights for strength training, how much will i have to cut back before i can go for it again after mu op?

Back