• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Exercise Calories

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
Hi All,

I always get confused with calories and how to use them.

Firstly I have stuck myself on a 1400 cal diet to try and lose some weight before I get to my operation.

Would you think thats enough calories, basically I sit down most of the day and I am currently about 24.5 Stone (152 Kg).

Now heres the real question, I have just been cycling for 45 mins, and according to the program My Fitness Pal, I have burned off over 400 calories.

Should I be using these calories after I have done the exercise, or as I am doing now, do I just forget them, and so called bank them.

I am doing this for maximum weight loss at the moment, so wondered what the best option for me is.

Just interested to hear your views.

Gary.

Well the way I think of is it that you dont need to 'bank' any cals, you need to use them. We need to be burning our store of fat so need to use any cals we eat by doing exercise and just daily living. Cals are our fuel for doing things. Thats the way I try to think of it.
Lynne x

Hi G, wen I had a pt she told me I had to try and eat the calories to fuel my body so that it could burn the fat etc.... She used to make me eat after I did my training as your body is working hard to burn the fat and continues to for about an hour after... I'm not big on the technical terms or the correct words bit of a blonde head ... Hope this helps xxx

Back