• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Planning for pre-op diet

Wobbletogo

Likes to read
I am booked for surgery on 24th August, the surgeon said I just need to lose 4-5kg in the month before, no other advice given.

I have found it really difficult to lose weight over past couple of years even though I was working with a dietician, she calculated my daily intake was only 1400 calories anyway and that was maintaining my weight. Dropping it was only making me lose about 1-2lb month.

Has anyone calorie counted the milk diet, is it less than 1000cal? If you put extra protein in, like whey protein, does that up the calories?

I have seen talk of Milk Thistle, what is this for?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi.. Im on the milk diet and it works out at around 750 cals with the milk and the 2 l/f yogurts... whey protein is high in protein but is around 100 calories for a scoop so you have to be careful with that I would think. I take milk thistle. It is a a supplement that is supposed to be very good for your liver. Hope this helps xx

Thanks Amanda, very useful info.

No sharing from anyone else?

Pre-op diet for BMI under 40

I am booked for surgery on 24th August, the surgeon said I just need to lose 4-5kg in the month before, no other advice given.
I have been told by several surgeons/clinics that a BMI such as yours (35) does not require a pre-op diet, however, it never hurts to follow one. Did Dr. Hruby suggest you lose 4-5kg? I am going to start my diet tomorrow, two weeks before op, so I better get it all figured out by today! Calorie-counting very inconvenient for me. I'm tring to find an easy menu to follow. Anybody got one?

I had 3 options from my team. Milk diet, Slimfast diet or high protein low carb fat/cals. Food diet.
I choose food one but I don't work so was relatively easy. My team gave me visual measures too like a piece of lean meat the size of a cheque book, a piece of low ft cheese size of a match box. So not too much weight & measuring. I did find the ketosis part of it when your body starts to use up the fat a bit difficult, headaches, sucky feeling & tired but only last 2 days then felt great. Loads of these type of diets on Internet. Sorry not at home with laptop or I would send you mine. Good luck.

Bellydancer, this is a great link! Thank you. I had forgotten about ketosis, I better warn my husband to keep a distance, lol.

Yes it is what I did & found it good & not too difficult apart from the couple of days when ketosis kicked in. Good luck.

Back