• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Extremely unimpressed

slimmerkay

After my op I never felt hunger. I knew when I could eat but hunger never settled in.

Well since my failed venture into soft foods and then having to go back to liquids for a few days I have re-dicovered hunger :(

I am hungry about 2 hours after each meal. That's not going to do me any good if I have to eat every 2 hours at this stage is it?

Is this normal?

If your hungry mate - embrace it...its not such a bad thing and most likely a head hunger....the best thing to do is to try a drink. Most hunger can actually be accounted for as thirst and not hunger. There is also an post op thing you can try of water loading but I think thats before a meal.
2 hours after is about when I get hungry, and unlike most people on here but like most of my bypasser friends, we all eat 4-6 small meals a day rather than sticking to 3 meals a day and also add high protein snacks too.

Try water and try protein only snakcs x

I was exactly the same Karen... when I spoke to my dietician she said that was a sign I need to move onto mashed & since then hunger hasn't reared its ahead again! I think the further out we get we also need the extra calories as it'll have been a long time that out bodies have been starving themselves!

Don't worry about it & listen to yr body as a guide... once you hit the more filling foods you'll stay fuller for longer. xx

I still get hungry, I think when you move on to more solid foods it will improve especially if you eat protein as this seems to make you more full.

I too eat between 4/6 meals a day. Yesterday at the horse show where food is hard to get, well healthy food is I had a french bagette and knew I wouldnt eat it all but chipped away at it from about 10.30am until 4pm which by the time I had finished.

Not the healthest thing to eat but needs must.

Karen it's not unusual to be hungry a couple of hours later hun! It happens to me too, although in a morning i try to go from breakfast at 7.30 ish till 12 when i have my lunch at work, by 2.30 i'm looking for something else to eat whether it's a few nuts or an apple so forth....

Personally i think Sals idea of 4 - 6 meals a day is a good one ...

Find some healthy snacks to munch on if it continues xx

Hiya its not unusual i to have 4 meals a day with 2 fruit snacks inbetween. I don't seem to be able to take enough at one sit in for just 3 meals a day. Janey;);)

hi everyone,

out of interest,Im due to move onto puree next monday,
how often do you need to eat then?
or what has everyone else aimed for on this stage

Back