• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling guilty about how much food i'm eating!

rachaelh

it's day 2 of pureed food after bypass op and i feel really concerned that i'm already eating too much to the point i'm feeling guilty about what i've been eating today which isn't a good start!

today i've had about 1/2 an activia cherry yoghurt, 3/4 weetabix with skimmed milk then 2 lots of potato with low fat cheese and beans smushed beyond recognition (total of about 2 teaspoons of beans, same of cheese and just under half a jacket potato sized potato) so i know what i've had is ok based on what SRH said i'm physically allowed to have, its just the sheer volume i'm already able to eat quite comfortably thats worrying! grrr

thanks guys i guess i just need a bit of reasssurance, as for the potato i mashed it and added milk so it was more of a puree about the same consistency as the weetabix

yes, I can't imagine how awful purees mash is. I go onto puree on Sat, I can't wait!

Think everyone is different, i would not be able to have that but think thats just me. You be ok hun, did you feel your restriction x

most people say their restriction is really felt when they moved onto solid proteins and crunchy food.

I felt it on puree and mashed foods you can feel the limit x

Bexs when you were on liquids was there anything you really can't manage? I can manage pureed stews diluted, yoghurts, undiluted. Double milk drinks but cannot manage water or NAS squash, i am full after 2 mouthfuls and get pain if I try to drink more within about half an hour I can't.

it's day 2 of pureed food after bypass op and i feel really concerned that i'm already eating too much to the point i'm feeling guilty about what i've been eating today which isn't a good start!

today i've had about 1/2 an activia cherry yoghurt, 3/4 weetabix with skimmed milk then 2 lots of potato with low fat cheese and beans smushed beyond recognition (total of about 2 teaspoons of beans, same of cheese and just under half a jacket potato sized potato) so i know what i've had is ok based on what SRH said i'm physically allowed to have, its just the sheer volume i'm already able to eat quite comfortably thats worrying! grrr
Snap Rachael!! food is going down no problem. I'm worrying about how quick I am eating too, but I don't feel Ill at all. struggling to drink 2 litre of fluid tho. managing about 1-1.5.

hope I'm not doing any damage :-(
xxx

No hun just get full mega quick, wonder if my pouch too tight, some days can eat more than others, do feel better this week I used to feel food coming up but now I don't, probably healing xx

Back