• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling poorly..

Sarahj2710

Hi All

Just some advice please, last night I had a massive pain in my tummy (not sure if this was pouch, as felt lower done) and felt really sick, To the point of dry heaving. I hadn't eaten anything that would cause me to dump, but had hot & cold sweats too. Today I still feel really nauseous, and am drinking only water. I am 4 weeks post op and just started the soft food stage, but think I might go back to liquids until I start feeling better. Has anyone else been though this any advice would be grateful.
Sarah
Xx

Sorry you are feeling poorly Sarah, no advice as I'm a bander, although if you are still unwell tomorrow I'd get myself checked out as a precaution. Wishing you better. Tracey xxx

Sounds like might be bit of dumping with the sweats as well as the pains but could be just with goin on the next stage food sometimes the pouch doesnt like it, day of fluids n rest the pouch try gain tomorrow. Just one of them thing strial and error, however, if it doesn't improve you might have to seek doc advice but think will settle down xx

The 'sweats' bit sounds like dumping,
I dumped very early on after my bypass,I dumped on a carrot and coriander soup!

Hope you feel well soon, you need to get checked out - possibly gallbladder related? Gripes from that are quite common after drastic changes in diet .. rest up n lots of fluids xx

Can't really give any advice Sarah as Im only 3 weeks out of surgery myself, but I sympathise, and hope you are feeling better now xxx

Back