• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling positive

julia in bath

hi everyone,
Just wanted to do a quick post as i'm feeling so positive atm and feel i am doing so well and i thought it would help pre-oppers to hear a positive story.
Pre op I really over ate, I ate twice what an average person would because I loved food, was always hungry or had emotional/head hunger. Not only that but I ate all the wrong things, chinese/indian takeaways, chips, crisps, you name it. I seriously doubted at times whether the band would work for me, how would it change the way I felt in my head? I would go through all this and still put weight on because I was too far gone, a lost cause. But like buying dubious 'diet' pills for silly amounts of money I was prepared to try it.
As many of you know I am a bander and had my op on 19th August. To date (including 1 week pre op diet) I have lost 33lb. I know it would be better for me if I didn't, lol, but I weigh every day and i'm losing about a lb every other day (ish) i'm very happy with what i'm eating, i'm not hungry, nor do I feel deprived. My diet consists of fresh meat and veg, no junk. One of the problems i suffered with the most was tiredness. Everytime I ate a meal I would sleep, like someone had put a sleeping pill in my food. This does not happen any more and I have loads more energy. I am also physically able to be more active and cope with things like housework much better.
Basically I am starting to realise that this is working for me and I know that I will be sucessful and lose all the weight that I want to.
I hope this helps others who are waiting for surgery and doubt if they are doing the right thing and if their surgery will change anything because for me it certainly has.
I cant wait to get further down the line and start my marathon training! (yep I did just say marathon, and this time it's not the snickers variety!):D:D

Being positive is everything...all the rest will follow...if you feel ok with weighing every day then go for it, we are all different.

Every time i got weighed by my Cambridge counsellor i asked her to weigh me in pounds so that I didn't recognise how many stones it was unless I did the maths...We all have our little quirks...if it helps, do it.

Well done Julia on your weight loss and well done on getting your mind in sync with your op.

(((Hugs)))

Great positive post, looking forward and visualizing your success.
They , tell you that in all the research and books to have a vision of how you are going to do it, and see you self doing it.
Well done Julia.

Fantastic job!

Hi Julia, Really great postive post i'm so happy that it's all working out for you.....I had my band 10th Aug and can say i'm feeling just like you - it really is the best thing i've ever done & can't wait for the long term results! kEEP ON DOING WHAT YA DOING COS IT'S WORKING GIRL :) :)

hi everyone,
Just wanted to do a quick post as i'm feeling so positive atm and feel i am doing so well and i thought it would help pre-oppers to hear a positive story.
Pre op I really over ate, I ate twice what an average person would because I loved food, was always hungry or had emotional/head hunger. Not only that but I ate all the wrong things, chinese/indian takeaways, chips, crisps, you name it. I seriously doubted at times whether the band would work for me, how would it change the way I felt in my head? I would go through all this and still put weight on because I was too far gone, a lost cause. But like buying dubious 'diet' pills for silly amounts of money I was prepared to try it.
As many of you know I am a bander and had my op on 19th August. To date (including 1 week pre op diet) I have lost 33lb. I know it would be better for me if I didn't, lol, but I weigh every day and i'm losing about a lb every other day (ish) i'm very happy with what i'm eating, i'm not hungry, nor do I feel deprived. My diet consists of fresh meat and veg, no junk. One of the problems i suffered with the most was tiredness. Everytime I ate a meal I would sleep, like someone had put a sleeping pill in my food. This does not happen any more and I have loads more energy. I am also physically able to be more active and cope with things like housework much better.
Basically I am starting to realise that this is working for me and I know that I will be sucessful and lose all the weight that I want to.
I hope this helps others who are waiting for surgery and doubt if they are doing the right thing and if their surgery will change anything because for me it certainly has.
I cant wait to get further down the line and start my marathon training! (yep I did just say marathon, and this time it's not the snickers variety!):D:D

U go girl hun ur doing fab i cant wait till i am on the losers bench.
I 2 want to do the marathon but if i can do it then i think it will have to be the half marathon, i have osteoarthritis and sciaitca but am hoping when i am half the gal i am now they might just go for a walk and never come back again lol.
It does help loads reading positive stories like ur hun.
Take care and have a good day xxx

Congrats to you on your weightloss thus far! :D

Cuppacocoa xx

Lovely positive post, I've just read a book on positive thinking and its def the way forward for a happy life!

Julia, Thanks so much for such a positive post. I hope the rest of your journey remains as positive and inspirational. Which Marathon are you aiming for and will you be fund raising?

Rebirth

thanks everyone. Feeling great again today and another lb off!
I am aiming for the half marathon in Bristol and then hope to move up to the London! yikes! thankfully through my charity work i know a lot of fit people who run/swim/cycle for us and i may well have a gang of running partners to help and inspire me.
I always raise money for Action Duchenne ana am using my weightloss as a good excuse to raise funds and awareness. this is known as 'dieting for Duchenne'
feel free to visit the site and find out more about the cause, if you would like to sponsor me i'd be delighted.

dieting for Duchenne - juliaascott - Stopwasting - Action Duchenne - Fighting for a cure for muscular dystrophy

What a positive post. Julie you are an inspiration. You show people that a positive attitude, hard work and determination work!!

Congratulations on your weight loss, you will be at goal before you know it.

What a positive post. Julie you are an inspiration. You show people that a positive attitude, hard work and determination work!!

Congratulations on your weight loss, you will be at goal before you know it.

very kind words hun and OMG, check out your loss, well done hun.

great news - on the loss & the positivity (think "positivity" is easier to type than say!)

well done on the loss huni and gud luck wid the marathon this thread is the way ive been feelin thinkin to mesel what if i get op and it doesnt work will i put myself through all this for nothing lin.x

Unbridled Optimism.....fantastic! well done you and what a great inspiration to others x

well done on the loss huni and gud luck wid the marathon this thread is the way ive been feelin thinkin to mesel what if i get op and it doesnt work will i put myself through all this for nothing lin.x

never for nothing hun just you wait xx

Back