• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling run down :0(

Emma7799

So 2 days ago I developed a spot under my skin on the inside of my arm just above my armpit.
Now it's a big angry monster and I swear it's more painful than recovering from my op.
Been to the drs and the doc said omg havent seen one that big for ages!!!
She said that I have an infection and my immune system will be run down since the op and until my body recovers will pick up infections easier, so on fluoxacillin.
But on the flip side weight loss still going well - 32lbs since op 4 weeks ago.
Sorry for the moan just feeling sorry for myself x

Oh my love, I used to get those a lot! I knwo how painful they can be. I hope you feel better soon and congrats on your great weight loss. xx

Oh you have my total sympathy, I get them too and in the last week have dealt with two. One on the back on my upper arm and one on the abdomen. Luckily have been able to deal with them at home.

Post-op recovery is really hard

Thank you - I didn't realise these were common as it's my first and hopefully last one.
Smallerme- how did you cope with 3 they are so painful.
I think I'm on the mend and the penicillin has started to work :)

They're not so bad if you can pop them but sometimes they go past that stage and are just ruddy awful. Sounds like you've got one of the stubborn ones :(

Thanks everyone - not sure if the penicillin is working as it is spreading down my arm, so a trip back to the docs tomorrow - but the abscess has 'relieved itself' (enough said!)
But I think I would prefer this than my hair falling out as I've been growing mine :0(

My sympathies hun I am going through a similar thing too and just finished a course of antis. It's been the pits but I still wouldn't change a thing ;)

Thanks everyone - not sure if the penicillin is working as it is spreading down my arm, so a trip back to the docs tomorrow - but the abscess has 'relieved itself' (enough said!)
But I think I would prefer this than my hair falling out as I've been growing mine :0(

Other people on here have told me that hair loss post-op is common :cry:
I'm glad your spot has 'relieved itself'!!

Back