• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling sick and windy...

Andrea73

the wind is just gurgling about in my stomach and making me feel blurrgggh. All I've had all day is half a shake, some soup and half a yoghurt. This isn't typical of what I would normally eat, its just today I can't seem to stomach it. I've tried remegel and peppermint tea but nothing is shifting it.

Any advice pls??

Hi Andrea,

Did you have a band or bypass?

Pinkyxx

How bout trying something specific or wind, i think remegel is for indigestion and heartburn not sure how affective it is for wind.
Hope it goes soon xx

Are you on liquids or pureed food?

I had the same problem when I was on liquids. I was struggling with liquids and felt more and more bloated.It took me 2 hours to eat a yogurt. I exsisting on very little each day.

I hate mint tea so I discussed it with the bariatric nurse as I was dreading starting pureed food. She said not to delay it and it did the trick for me. I've not had trapped wind as bad as that since.

I was given some Infocol when I left the hospital but have not needed to take any. It is for colic in babies. I think the best remedy is to keep moving.

Hth,
John

Thanks for all the replies. I'm going into week 5 now which means I can go onto soft food. To be honest I am really missing eating something. I spoke to my dietician and he thought this was a good thing. Anyway belly has been gurgling all night so think it may be a toilet matter. Sorry TMI I know.

Thanks again.

Andrea I know exactly how you feel because I feel it too! I'm 7 days post op and on liquids but all they do is make me windy, gurgly and gassy, nice!! My surgeon is happy for me to go onto purees from one week after the op but I don't feel quite ready for that, but I have began thickening up the liquids and this seems to help.

Good luck to you hun,
Cuppa xx

Its just awful. Feeling like this actually puts you off eating. I don't know what to do to shift it. I am now on soft foods and tried to have low fat macaroni for dinner but just couldn't eat it. Any suggestions??

Maybe avoid the pasta at this point, try something like cottage pie, fish pie or stew? The pasta might be a bit much if you are having problems otherwise.

Back