• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First appointment at L&D

Hi Sandra,

I started my journey in approx February 2015, I went to my Dr’s and got put onto a weight management programme, which was a right arse as the clinic I attended was over an hour away each visit but I stuck it out and eventually got passed by them (which took over 18months) to the L&D.

I then attended the clinic at L&D and was put forward for surgery, they don’t do the bands anymore as they found out they wasn’t that effective & people could cheat easily with them, as far as I can remember they do two procedures now which are a gastric sleeve or bypass.

I had the gastric bypass it’s called the RNY I think! and my surgery was done on the 28th December 2017, so I’m just a few weeks post op now.

The op itself went ok and I had no pain due to being kept topped up with pain relief, my problems have arisen by a previous medical problem & my Gp not giving me the meds I needed in liquid form, so I’ve been having all kinds of grief but it’s down to sudden withdrawal from some of the meds I use to be on, but nothing at all to with my op.

Hope this answers some questions for you.
Hi biker i have been on waiting list for 17 weeks so i am hoping very soon im going to have a bypass i did say i wanted sleeve but since my diabetic eye appointment they found i had changes in my eyes so change to bypass the waiting is the worst if you have a date you know its comming i hope you are feeling better and goodluck on your journy

Back