• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First appointment through for Homerton

Twothirdsamidwife

Hi
I just got my first appointment through today for 'Bariatric consultant new appointment' for next Saturday eeeeek!!! Says it may take 2 hours!! Anyone recently been to the Homerton? I'm in essex so if anyone has experience of there I'd love to pick your brains!!! I'm so excited but not going to get hopes up just yet!!!!

Hello
I was seen /had my bypass at homerton they are a lovely bunch of people nothing to worry about write down any questions you may have as when you go in if your head is anything like mine I went blank forgot to ask anything!
Good luck

Thanks Los
Your consultant is the one named in my letter!! Is this appointment to be put on the tier 3 programme or do they talk about surgery? Is it just the Dr or others such as psychologist or dietician? What was your timescale?

Hello I've just had my bypass last week at homerton and they are all lovely. Once your at homerton it goes quite quickly I had my first appointment in January and had my surgery last week so was very quick. Good luck what consultant team are you under x x x

Hi Michelle

Eeeek how exciting for you!! It says I'll be seeing Ms Kalpana Davalia. Gosh that is rather quick - I've been asking Drs for over 15 years for surgery and have tried everything from Reductil, Orlistat, Cambridge, WW...... can't wait for this to change my life and break the control food has had on me my entire life.

Where in Essex are you? I'm in Basildon

Hi Michelle Eeeek how exciting for you!! It says I'll be seeing Ms Kalpana Davalia. Gosh that is rather quick - I've been asking Drs for over 15 years for surgery and have tried everything from Reductil, Orlistat, Cambridge, WW...... can't wait for this to change my life and break the control food has had on me my entire life. Where in Essex are you? I'm in Basildon
Ms Kalpana Devalia did my surgery I'm from Old Harlow so not to far from you when have you got all your appointments ? X x

My dr referred me 19/2/15 and my letter came yesterday with an appointment for Saturday 9/5/15 which is super quick. did they talk about surgery at your first appointment?

My dr referred me 19/2/15 and my letter came yesterday with an appointment for Saturday 9/5/15 which is super quick. did they talk about surgery at your first appointment?
Hello at my first appointment I saw the dietitian and went over my whole history of what diets I've been on you get weighed measured height an ECG and blood tests and then you go for a seminar meeting which tells you about the different procedures and some people have a consultant appointment after or you come back at another time for a consultant appointment where your find out if you need any more tests if not it goes to the mdt meeting and they decide whether you would benefit from surgery hope that helps x x x

thank you Michelle - can't believe I could finally be on the road to WLS, I'm so excited but have no one to talk to about it. I told hubby but don't want to keep going on and on about it. Reading through everyone's diaries and seeing how they go down to target and how their lives have changed is really encouraging. This is going to be life changing!!!
Have you got a diary on here Michelle?

You can always talk to us! I only told 1 member of my family , my little sister and my manager and my best friend they knew from the start then told the rest of the family /work friends on the monday before my op on the thursday!
I knew things would change but its hard to explain how much as changed its not just getting smaller getting fitter its everything friends treat you diffrent ive been so lucky all been suppotive the team at homerton are behind you all the way its still a bit if a shock seeing myself in smaller clothes I still have to pinch myself I still pick up my old large size(32) when im now able to wear a size 20!
Its such an exciting time

Thank you Los - hearing such great things about the Homerton and their website is great for info. Is a bypass the same as RNY? Think the bypass is my best option, I need to reset my whole relationship with food and am looking forward to starting again - am surprised at how many different things you can still have even if it is a spoonful

One thing I know I will struggle with is sugar!!!! I love it and have tried every sweetner on the planet but they all taste awful and chemical so I need to find one that is as natural as possible - any ideas?

Is there anything I need to be reading up on?

thank you Michelle - can't believe I could finally be on the road to WLS, I'm so excited but have no one to talk to about it. I told hubby but don't want to keep going on and on about it. Reading through everyone's diaries and seeing how they go down to target and how their lives have changed is really encouraging. This is going to be life changing!!! Have you got a diary on here Michelle?
it is a very exciting time I don't have a diary but there is a few bits on my profile that I put down good luck on Saturday x x x

Hi and good luck with your WLS. There is lots of information on the homerton website including downloads of pre and post op dietary info. Yes the bypass is a RNY. Most bypassers are very sensitive to sugar as even a small amount can cause dumping syndrome. Same with fats.
Not with Homerton myslef as I am self- funded but I just wad reading their we site and saw your post.
Hope this helps.
X

Hi weegie are you having a bypass?

Yes I am having a mini gastric bypass, nothing mini about it really, there is one less join. It is also called the One Anastamosis Gastric Bypass. This surgery will be a revision from a gastric band that will be removed at the same time.

Yes I am having a mini gastric bypass, nothing mini about it really, there is one less join. It is also called the One Anastamosis Gastric Bypass. This surgery will be a revision from a gastric band that will be removed at the same time.

Hi weegie I am currently awaiting a mini bypass on the 11/6/15 I have a band atm

Yeah I like my white granulated "as addictive as crack" sugar so I'm either going to go cold turkey or find the holy grail of sweetness lol

Hi weegie I am currently awaiting a mini bypass on the 11/6/15 I have a band atm
Hi there, that is just the day after me. Where are you having your op? Why are you revising from a band?
Either way best of luck :D

Dr Chris debruyne do u have Facebook if so add me would've to chat further Lyndsey challenger
Sorry I am a bit of a FB phobe so don't use it. :) You are with the same surgeon as me one day later so we would be there at the same time. If you want to chat use my diary on here.

@ twothirdsamidwife. Good luck with your appointment today. :)

Back