• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First fill - now hope to start losing

LancsLass2

Hi all, well I`m 4 weeks post band and as I`ve said in recent posts, weight loss has been very slow. I`ve only lost 4lbs since the op. On the positive side 4lb off is better than 4lb on and I`ve also lost 20.5cm`s around my body which I`m pleased with cos I can now get in my size 16 jeans!!!
Anyway, I had my first fill today via xray and the man put 2.5mls in which I didn`t think sounded too much as my band was empty before. Has anybody else had such a small amount in cos I`ve heard from others they`ve had quite a bit put in. He tried to put a bit more in but then took it out again cos he said it was too tight!! I can`t say whether I`ve got any restriction yet as its only been a few hrs since the fill but hopefully I have and I can start losing some more weight for xmas.:26:

congratulations on your first band fill, i'm sure everything will be fine even with only a small amount put in. where did you have your band fitted and was the first fill done alongside your post operative xray or had you already had that done.x

I had my first one monday, I have a total of 3.25 mils and I can definitely feel it.

Once you get back to solids, thats when you notice it, so chew chew chew.

At least now hopefully, the weight will now start to go down again, for both of us...Good Luck:D

we are all different and respond to different amounts - you might find that it takes a few days for your restriction to really kick in - I found that it was around a week post fill that I first noticed any difference, and found it harder to eat particularly in the mornings - that was back in August and my first fill has lasted me till recently so I hope yours does too. Good luck with the weight loss xx

Maybe your stomach is still slightly swollen hence the reason more would not go in, its amazing how different people have different amounts but like ali said we are all different...I look forward to watching your progress hope it goes well for you chick...xx

i have a 14ml band and had 5ml put in it for my first fill and tbh it has made no difference at all but to be expected i think from first fill going for my 2nd one next week yay!! i was told by my dr first fills are usually small it just testing band and getting you started

Thats a big band I thought they were all 10ml....its a guessing game I imagine but once it hits the right spot it must be great....xx

congratulations on your first fill, the weight will come off now, but hey like you say at least its 4lbs off so well done!! think how much you might have put on if you did not have the band.... anyway congrats and keep up the good work
Love

Good luck with your new fill, hope you start dropping pounds soon.

serenity

Serenity
you have the largest band I have ever heard of!. Most other ones are 9 or 10mil bands, I have never heard of one being 14 mils until I read a post of yours from an earlier thread. Where did you have it done?
sorry and hope that you don't mind me asking:eek:

MNL

we are all different and respond to different amounts - you might find that it takes a few days for your restriction to really kick in - I found that it was around a week post fill that I first noticed any difference, and found it harder to eat particularly in the mornings - that was back in August and my first fill has lasted me till recently so I hope yours does too. Good luck with the weight loss xx
You`ve done really well with your first fill hun, how much did u have in?? I hope I do as well as u, your my inspiration lol. Your weight loss is fantastic xxx

Maybe your stomach is still slightly swollen hence the reason more would not go in, its amazing how different people have different amounts but like ali said we are all different...I look forward to watching your progress hope it goes well for you chick...xx
I was wondering whether my stomach is swollen too cos its also my womens monthly time so do u think that could have owt to do with it too???

Serenity
you have the largest band I have ever heard of!. Most other ones are 9 or 10mil bands, I have never heard of one being 14 mils until I read a post of yours from an earlier thread. Where did you have it done?
sorry and hope that you don't mind me asking:eek:
Hi, I`d never heard of the 9ml band. When I went for my consultation the dr discussed 10ml and 14ml bands and he said they just use whichever they think is best at the time of the op!!

congratulations on your first band fill, i'm sure everything will be fine even with only a small amount put in. where did you have your band fitted and was the first fill done alongside your post operative xray or had you already had that done.x
hi, i had my band fitted at dolan park but my fill was done via xray at manchester royal infirmary. it usually costs alot more to have an xray lead fill but i had my xray booked anyway so they just charge for the fill. hope this helps xxx

Back