• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band fill when band fitted.

emma&alex

Hiya guys

I'm just wondering if anyones had this?
When I went for my first fill the other day, they put 2.5mls in (he started off with 3.5 but had to reduce as it was too much).
When leaving I asked him to confirm how much he put in, and and he said 2.5mls..but I don't know how much was in there already.
I didn't think to question it until I got home, so I rang surgicare, and asked them if they could tell me how much was in there. They said my notes have not arrived back. But apparently Mr Ammori quite often when he fits the band, puts some fluid in then.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I didn't even know they did this during surgery

No mine was empty from the start..I wish I had been given a bit during the operation as that may have helped a bit during the early days. I think this practice of putting in saline during the op varies from surgeon to surgeon.

Weird, I'm a bit miffed no one told me actually.

I wonder how much I have in my band at the moment.

Do they put a standard amount in during surgery? or is that a stupid question?

oh and whatever they put it, it didn't make a difference..I could still eat like a rhino in the past couple of weeks

both mine had a fill put in when fitted x

I would just phone and ask outright, they should be able to tell you how much if any was put in whilst the op was done.

i did but they can't tell me because they haven't had my notes back from the hospital yet.

Oh OK, well hopefully when they have your info you can find out for definate. In the meantime everyone is going to have a different answer or guesstimate for you...I can only advise based on what happened to me personally. I took ages to get restriction and therefore lose weight ...you are going to have to find a way that works for you, eg cal counting or something to help with your loss until (and after) restriction. I envy people who don't need to do this as just having restriction was not enough for me and still isn't. I have to work and work at my will power and I often fail.

Mine was empty which I was very suprised about because I didnt need a fill until quite some time after my band was fitted. I was told it was empty but was convinced there must of been something in it lol

Different surgeons have different preferences but I agree it would have been nice for them to tell you! Did they not give you a card with your band info, size etc, I guess not?

I hope you get to find out soon x

Mine was empty which I was very suprised about because I didnt need a fill until quite some time after my band was fitted. I was told it was empty but was convinced there must of been something in it lol

Different surgeons have different preferences but I agree it would have been nice for them to tell you! Did they not give you a card with your band info, size etc, I guess not?

I hope you get to find out soon x

Hospital gave me a card but didnt write anything on it in the spaces for size etc!!

I have asked since and told band is 10ml and that the surgeon does fill at the time of OP just to make sure no leaks then removes the fluid.

I have had one fill of 2mls.

Back