• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Flying shortly after being banded

katiebaby

Hi all, am having a band fitted next week. Am going on holiday to Turkey on 28th May, three weeks later. I have filled in my travel insurance and declared that I have a band. It is really soon after surgery to be flying but I did ask the consultant and he said I would be fine, but I have heard of somebody who had to be drip fed whilst abroad as they couldn't even tolerate fluids. I'm afraid I am panicking - not about the op, just about it going wrong whilst I am abroad. Does anybody have any experience of flying so soon after surgery. Thanks in anticipation.

Thanks Kevin, am going with hubby and kids so hopefully they will be looking after me. Unfortunately it is all inclusive and I will be on the mushy stage :cry:

Thanks Kevin, am going with hubby and kids so hopefully they will be looking after me. Unfortunately it is all inclusive and I will be on the mushy stage :cry:

sod it if its all inclusive..... u can eat some of it not all of it...but u will be slimmer and more confident.....think that beats anything food wise! :D

hehe all good enjoy urself.... i wana go on hols!!

the flying wont be the problem. I flew back 36 hours after my operation from belguim. keep yourself stocked up with fluids. bon voyage xx

Hi Hun,I did exactly the same when I flew out to Egypt few weeks after they tell you to wait 6 weeks but I was absolutely fine! And I had a fill a week before I flew 9 hours to the Caribbean,again I was fine! Thought it might be tight for couple days but it was all a ok! I go all inclusive all the time and there's so much mushy food available mash is around breakfast lunch and dinner so sit back relax and enjoy :D

Sorry not replied before Leonie, have been in being banded :) Thanks for this, it has really put my mind at rest xx

Back