• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

FRUSTRATION !!!!

deeby

Grrr, when i called my hosp 3 months ago they said there are 30 in front of me so my op should be around Aug/Sept time, then i rang again last week and there are still 30 in front of me and now im looking at Oct time for the op, im soooo disappointed as its now an extra 2 months, feel like im waiting forever... they may put it off again, i feel like im waiting for my life to start and at 40 i really want to start NOW, has anybody else had this prob ?? :8855:

I can totally sympathisize .. my op has been moved three times now. I was supposed to have it Feb. 26 .. moved to March 3rd .. now I am on for Wednesday !!!! preop today .. so not getting excited till i get the all clear .. i cant believe its finally here .. but believe me I have been sooooo frustrated .. and know the exact feeling of my life being on hold .. everything i say starts with .. before the op .. or after the op ! .. good luck hun .. hope they get you in earlier xx

Hi, that's so frustrating! I was promised that my op would definitely be in July and I didnt have it till October in the end. I thought I was going to go nuts waiting and ringing and pestering people but eventually the time came around and now looking back I suppose it didnt make much difference in the long run. How long have you been waiting? They're supposed to have 18 weeks in which to get it done.

I can totally sympathisize .. my op has been moved three times now. I was supposed to have it Feb. 26 .. moved to March 3rd .. now I am on for Wednesday !!!! preop today .. so not getting excited till i get the all clear .. i cant believe its finally here .. but believe me I have been sooooo frustrated .. and know the exact feeling of my life being on hold .. everything i say starts with .. before the op .. or after the op ! .. good luck hun .. hope they get you in earlier xx

thanks AriDiana, its nice to know someone knows what im going through, i know its only a couple of months but just seems soooo long

Hi, that's so frustrating! I was promised that my op would definitely be in July and I didnt have it till October in the end. I thought I was going to go nuts waiting and ringing and pestering people but eventually the time came around and now looking back I suppose it didnt make much difference in the long run. How long have you been waiting? They're supposed to have 18 weeks in which to get it done.

Hi Porpo
I went on the waiting list 3rd Dec 2009 and they said at worst the wait will be a year and at best it will be 6/7 months, so ive now waited nearly 6 months , they said will prob be in October but no guarantees as my surgeon may go on courses or have holidays :O surely youd think they would know in advance if he has any courses or holidays booked .?
They also told us at the info session that if we kept ringing up and pestering them we would be taken off the list.
As i said sooooo frustrating,.

Hi Deeby it must be sooooo frustrating, youv'e got the same surgeon as me and i went on the waiting list early september 2008 was told a 12 month wait, i rang in January and was told August, i rang again early march and was told june/july and was really pleased, i then got a call to say it was scheduled for 13th May i was estatic as you can imagine. I know it's hard but if you try and train your brain and think October then anything before that will be a bonus. Fingers crossed xxx

I had a similar prob was meant to have my op in jan but it was put off till march, have u asked if u can go on the cancellations list x

Hang on in there sweetheart. Your op will be done when the time is right. Mine was delayed 3 times but I was told that the bariatric surgeon does'nt only do weight loss surgery but also other ops that if not done urgently could be life threatening. As much as it peed me off I just thought that if thats the case then I've big forever so a little longer won't be too bad if it means the surgeon is helping save someones life. I know its not what you want to here but it may put a different light on your thoughts. Good luck and really hope your turn comes around soon xxxx

Back