• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Frustrations

It sounds like this could be handled a lot better and I'm not surprised if you're feeling unsettled and unsure :(keep telling yourself that you have nothing to lose stick it to the diet this weekend even if they do move your date a little so try and keep the faith. I wish things were easier through x

The lack of organisation worries me a lot. What will everything else be like if they a)record that they have spoken to me and recorded that I said I was doing the liver shrinkage, then ring me to see if everything is ok and this is the first I've heard about it. And b) how long can they keep putting it back for...they will surely have sorted the weeks after list and the dietitian only said to do this from 7-10 days max!

It's scary how they have got things so wrong. What else have they or will they get wrong.

I hope you get an answer from them tomorrow .xxxx

Yep I have everything crossed you get some answers tomorrow too.
I can't remember if you are NHS or private but either way there should be a process for making them aware you are not happy with the way they are treating you. You might want to wait until after surgery but I'd make a complaint at some point. The system they have isn't working properly and you don't need the extra anxiety it's causing so it needs to be addressed.
Let us know how you are getting on x

Good. I got in touch when I was called in for my pre op at 7am and then they realised they couldn't do that pre op for WLS because I'd not had the bowel surgery they'd done the last pre op for. I complained more because the nurse I'd had was really unpleasant to me and then made really dismissive comments about me having WLS. I'd been quite unwell and lost a stone in about 4 weeks. Unexplained weight loss is never good especially when you're someone who couldn't deliberately lose anything despite trying. Rather than take it seriously she said perhaps I'd carry on and then not need to have WLS for free after all. She looked at me like I was something she'd stepped in! The whole thing left me feeling so upset and getting it sorted via them helped so hopefully they can get you some answers and reassurance. You deserve to be treated better x

Got everything crossed for tomorrow. How are you feeling today?

I saw dietitian a x she was happy with weight loss in 4 days so as long as there is no bed shortage, I'll be at the hospital waiting in 3 hours! It's 4am and I can't sleep...heat, excitement and nerves!

Good luck!

Exciting! All the best :)

Good luck!

Well done Ellie, it will be good to jot down everything inc feelings as when your a newbie it can be good to read real stories.
Onwards, good luck

Welcome back :) fingers crossed you'll start to feel loads better each day now x

Back