• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gallbladder?

rainbow27

Hello

can i ask for my gallbladder to be removed during my surgery? i did the cambridge and while i was on that i had loads of gallbladder pain. I think i will e mail my surgeon.

:)

i have multiple gall stones,AGONY! and they are removing mine with my bypass,if you have had probs you should tell your surgeon,as drastic weight lose can make them worse and create more stones,but when i chatted to my surgeon he said if there were signs of gallstones in his patients when he was operating ,he would remove the gall bladder,with prior consent ,he also asked my permission to change from bypass to sleeve if there are complications ,i def would check with your surgeon so he can arange scans to check you before surgery,good luck with everything x x

Star is spot on and that is exactly what happened to me. I told him beforehand that I had gallbladder pain and he said he would check it out while he was doing the op and take the gallbladder out if necessary.
It was and he did.
It cost an extra £500 but I dont know if you are private or NHS.
Lynne x

Star is spot on and that is exactly what happened to me. I told him beforehand that I had gallbladder pain and he said he would check it out while he was doing the op and take the gallbladder out if necessary.
It was and he did.
It cost an extra £500 but I dont know if you are private or NHS.
Lynne x

LOL, mine was removed as a precaution . . . "all part of the deal" !!! xx

My op is on the 1st June, NHS and when I asked about my gallbladder, was told "No way, it is not a 2 for one offer!?)
I too experienced pain, both with Cambridge and Slimfast and I also seem to get it with anything high in calcium!? including bottled water! Another thing that can set off an attack is Co-codamol....unfortunately I am absolutely fine with a cream cake or eton mess.
Has anyone else experienced an onset with high calcium products?

I should have had mine removed at the same time but beacause of complications I couldn't. However having since had my gallbladder removed I am glad they did it separately as the pain I suffered from this was horrendous and I would not have had such a smooth recovery from my bypass. With my bypass I was back on my feet 5 days after the op with my gall bladder it was 5 weeks.

I had stones already. Exante made them worse. Had attacks everyday on refeed week. Even grilled chicken and broccoli set them off. By 6 days into refeed, I ended up in hospital for the night. The pain and sickness was deadful.

My hernias cause me more trouble than the stones do. I was going to ask for a 3 for 1 deal lol

OUCH all sounds sore.. i think im going to ask for them to remove it like you say they are in there anyway and i could not be takin any more time off my work
x

Back