• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band and Long Haul flights

Meggie moo

Has anyone got a band fitted and been on a long haul flight? Was everything ok? Got consult sat (yikes) and looking to go to Florida in May and wondered if the band would be effected at all - read so many different things - confused.com!!!!

i heard if you have alot of restriction you should get some taken out before a long haul flight because it tightens. But cant be sure so best asking your provider xx

Thanks durhamlass x would hate to have this procedure for it then to effect my holiday x

Hi there

I flew to New York and had no problems with my band. I ate a meal 2 hours before my flight and when the meal came round I asked for the soup (no bits) - I also bought some slim fast and juices to drink on the plane I didnt have anything solid either. When the flight finished I waited another couple of hours b4 trying to eat anything solid and I had a shepherds pie and really just took my time and everything was fine. I did the same on the return journey. Hope this Helps x x

Thanks blue diamond NYC my favourite place x

Oh wow that would be awesome - cold but awesome! December in NYC is freezing x you got room for me too?

Back