• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band on Friday and Nerves kicking in!!!

Jenjuly15

Hey everyone, I'm new on here and really finding your posts great, nice to hear of your experiences with wls. I have my gastric band this Friday 10th July and now getting worried about the recovery/pain as I have a little one, it would just be nice to know how long before I can become active driving walking etc any advise would be great ...

Thanks and wish me luck!

Jen :)

Hello Jenjuly15!
Im a bypasser so cant be of much help but im very sure a bander will be along before you know it, I just wanted to say welcome

Hi Jen and welcome to a fab friendly site :) lots of banders around to help out any questions just ask!!

There are a few ladies around who have only just had their bands between a week and a few days ago....maybe worth seeking out their threads and follow intently lol I can only speak for myself here... I was banded over a year ago now, and I remember just being uncomfortable for a week or so, the wind pain was the worst bit but keep up the pain meds and get wind relief...windeze or such should help.... now i'm a complete wuss and I was 8 weeks post op before I started to feel back to normal..... but some peeps are back to normal fairly soon..... as long as you get plenty of rest and follow your guidelines your be fine....remember your food intake will be very low so energy will be very lacking to start with..... just remember its only a matter of time and you will begin to feel better by the day....be prepared for the emotional stuff to hit....post op blues, its quite common to wonder what the hell you've done BUT trust me once the lb's start to shift it will all be worth while :)

remember to keep posting here, read the banders diarys and hints and tips FOLLOW your rules to the letter and good luck you'll be fine x x x x x x x anything else just shout x x x x

Hey everyone, I'm new on here and really finding your posts great, nice to hear of your experiences with wls. I have my gastric band this Friday 10th July and now getting worried about the recovery/pain as I have a little one, it would just be nice to know how long before I can become active driving walking etc any advise would be great ... Thanks and wish me luck! Jen :)

Hi Jen welcome and good luck for tomorrow, where are you having surgery?
I had my band fitted on Tuesday 7th July and after surgery I was sore but the pain was bearable luckily I don't seem to be suffering with any wind pain. I can walk round easy enough as all my cuts are at the top of my belly there is 5 in total and they have been glued so I have no stitches. As for driving my discharge note says 2 weeks but the nurse said I should be ok after a week. Any more questions give us a shout, and good luck again x

Thank you for your welcome Los in it!

You look fab and have clearly worked hard well done to you and thanks again X

Thanks Crystal, your msg is a great help and congratulations on your weight loss also you must feel great! Look forward to it just happening now well one more day and no turning back looking forward to the new me :) Xx

Hi Toddshar! Thanks for you good luck message, I'm having my op at St Mary's in Paddington, yeah hearing lots about the wind pain I suppose it just depends on the person lucky you :) glad to hear your up and walking about as for the stiches im hoping I have glue too. Fingers crossed for a rapid recovery xx

Good luck Jen! I can't be of any help as am pre-op but will keep my fingers crossed for you and will look forward to following your new life :) x

Hi, I had my band 3 weeks ago Saturday!! I didn't drive for the first 3/4 days. I found the trapped wind the worse!! I would get some peppermint cordial in just in case as it helps.

I had my band done in Birmingham and to date I've not had any issues. I also take multivitamins to ensure I am getting everything I need. Where are u having ur band done? Good luck .... Drop me a line of want any specific info xx

Hi Hun

Just wanted to say hello and welcome to this amazing site where you will feel right at home :) There are some lovely people on here and you gets lots of excellent tips and advice.

Can't give any advice myself as I am not having my sleeve for another couple weeks, but I'm sure lots of banders will be along to talk to you shortly.

Please let us know how you get on as we would love to read all about your journey.

Wishing you lots of luck - you will be fine and sat on the losers bench before you know it!!

Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks all for your messages your msg's really make a difference. Had my op on Friday feeling a little sore but excited about my new journey will keep you posted xx

Glad it went okay. Good luck with recovery and congrats on landing firmly on the other side! How are you finding following the guidelines etc? xxx

Back