• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting a date - I called them....

novamay

Born Free
couldn't stand the waiting any longer.... so I rang Sunderland and I asked if I was on the list for surgery....

Response:
Yes, you're on the list... but no date yet.... oh, wait... I can give you February 19th...

My Response:
:eek::worthy::clap::happy096::gimi::happy036::silly::giggle::bliss::talk017::rotflmao::drool::hug99::smiley1842::26::thankyouthankyou::woohoo::party0011::wee::bunnydance::banana dancer::0icanfly::party0049::party0048::party0019::sign0168::bananalove::faint2::cross::greenapple:

Yayyy AWESOME Congrats hun whoop whoop

woohoo fantastic news!!!!!! so pleased for you! :) x

How exciting and what great news :) certainly not long to wait . . .perhaps someone had cancelled ? But good all the way!

Congrats hope I won't be far behind you

ohhh yayyyy i phoned today aswell and was told approx april so plenty of time to get everything ready :)

Absolutely amazing news hun! I'm so so happy for you, you've been through it getting to this point so you so deserve your date. Well done for calling them. Only a month to go and you will be firmly on the losers bench!!! Fantastic :D xx

thanks guys - it can't come soon enough! :D I'm ower the moon.

that's brilliant news xxx pre op diet and in no time you'll be on losers bench with some of us and will have to make room for others :) well done bet you haven't stopped grinning yet :)

I feel relatively calm now, but yes, still smiling...

well done. i have been waiting nearly 2 years now and go for the camera down throat next friday. so how long have you waited since having that done? do you go on list then? or not? xxx

huge congrats i cant wait for my date to come, should find out in the next few weeks

Just rang and the secretary was in but wouldn't give me a date! Said end of Feb but can't pencil me in because of bed issues. Gutted x

Great news. Really pleased for you.

Just rang and the secretary was in but wouldn't give me a date! Said end of Feb but can't pencil me in because of bed issues. Gutted x

Secretary said the 'end of May' initially as I was put on the list end of November when I saw Mr M - so that would be the standard 6 months time period.

Then she realised that I'd had balloon out in August, and because there had been delay with the Panel agreeing procedure and in November Mr M had put me on the 'soon' list which was 6-8 weeks (endo at balloon removal showed everything was fine so I didn't have to have another one). 19th Feb is technically 12 weeks but I'm not going to argue...

I hope that you do get a date soon - would be great if we were in around the same time... Not sure why they would tell one patient a date and another not. I think I spoke to Mr S's PA. I always ask for Mr M's but don't think I've spoken to her yet!

I rang to check I was on the list because I got another letter from the pschologist saying that he still did not agree with the bypass for me - I thought they might take me off the waiting list while they considered the letter and I didn't want that to happen. If I hadn't rang, I would probably still be waiting til the end of May! :rolleyes:

well done. i have been waiting nearly 2 years now and go for the camera down throat next friday. so how long have you waited since having that done? do you go on list then? or not? xxx

Hi Kelly, my journey has been a little different from the norm. I had a gastric balloon in Feb last year and so have had two endos - one putting it in, one on taking it out in August. I was told that it would be surgery 2-3 months after balloon removal but I have had difficulties with the panel not agreeing which type of surgery would be suitable for me so this caused delay. This has been sorted now - Mr M said that the final decision rested with me when I saw him on 28th Nov. I made my decision and because of the delay Mr M added me to the 'soon' (6-8 weeks) waiting list that day.

Good luck with the endo next week - hope it goes well and that you go on the list.

Thats great news good luck x

Back