• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting used to restriction!

Daisyhappy!

Hi beautiful banders!
Im very pleased to announce that i now have full blown restriction!
I have 5cc in my 10cc band and my goodness the difference is unbelievable!
I stayed on liquids for over a week which i know isn't really advisable but i so worried about getting stuck.
I now cannot eat bread, pasta, chips-only tried three from my OHs plate-
I haven't tried cereal as i don't feel i can eat in the mornings so i have a protein shake instead.
Just got a tuna salad for my lunch and managed about six small fork fulls, will keep the rest to have for my dinner.
Did anyone else find it kind of hard to adjust going from no restriction to superdooper restriction? I make small portions for myself and ALWAYS stop when my band tells me to as Im petrified of getting stuck like i have on just a few pieces of pasta and one bite of bread and any form of wrap! I just find it dreadful wasteful, i always have to dump some or give it to OH.
How did you all adjust to this kind of restriction, don't get me wrong Im absolutely over the moon that the band is finally working and Im well and truly out of bandster hell!
Just wondering do any of you feel a little frustrated, or worry that you weren't actually eating enough food? To get in even 600cals i have to rely on quite a lot of liquids such as slim fast and hotcups.

Also i HAVE to add, two separate people told me I've lost weight today. Im so so thrilled as i was a very slow loser in the beginning!! Yippie!

Ah that's fab! Just bear in mind it will loosen as you keep on losing. I found about every 6weeks I'd need topping up!

Either make teeny portions or what I did was to eat (pause) eat....by having that half hour off it would mean I could get more salad etc in me x

Just wondered how many separate band fills has it taken of how much and over how long? Thanks - I am having my first fill next Wednesday and wondered how long to anticipate until I feel restriction.

I can only answer for me but I had 5ml then 2ml then .5ml and two .25ml. I had only a 2 week gap between the 5ml and 2ml but that's just me wanting to move things along...all the others have been bi monthly

Thanks.x

It took me to my fourth fill and 7.5ml in 10 ml band to fill restriction.daisy I am still adjusting and it has been over 6 weeks. It is very weird. For the first time I can feel how food is just a fuel not comfort. If I don't eat regularly I go very weak, and I just feel I can't say this out loud because let's face it I am not exactly frail looking!!! But it is a learning curve and it also showed me how messed my relationship with food is. I actually miss been able to pig out!!! How twisted am I! But I bought a monsoon size 12 dress yesterday and keep looking at the tag as I cannot quite believe it. Sorry for rambling on

Daisy, it does sound like you have a lot of restriction, but that is likely to decrease over the next couple of weeks. I think you are right though to try liquids to increase your calories too,as too low is not good for your body and can slow your metabolism down ... Even though for a couple of weeks it's great to see the more rapid weight loss LOL. Enjoy :) xxx

Thanks everyone Im really thrilled now and have a fear of certain foods now which i think is brilliant because mentally as restriction lesses and i can eat a little more, I'll still stay well clear of certain things like bread, wraps, pasta and chips. I was out at a birthday last week and there was food galore, trays of sambos, spring rolls, chicken, sausage rolls, you know all the usual buffet type stuff and i didn't touch anything at all! Usually it'd be a totally different story altogether so all these little victories mean just as much to me as the scale because it's a sign of a change for life!
Inca it was my second fill that got me to this stage but as the girls have said it does loosen up a bit but the good habits stay :)

Well it took me four so get use to patience, plus I still can eat everything but now from a tea plate and feel satisfied so if you can eat less at least that's something to take in your side otherwise you are going to drive yourself nuts!

That's brilliant it's working I can't wait to get to that stage x

Hi I'm at the had my band fitted on Wednesday stage.lol. I'm so pessimistic at the moment. But I know it's only the start xxx

Why are you feeling pessimistic?
I had my band fitted last thursday, i have a small band with 4ml in, i'm feeling ok but very bloated and a bit of pain where the ports is, i dont seem to be tired these days either!
not eating very much just soup and milky coffee, I hope you feel better soon :) xx

Because everything els I have tried hasn't worked. I don't know if I have anything in my band. Going by the rate I'm eating I doubt it.xx

oh my goodness
dont worry too much during the recovery stage, it will slow it down!
you will have your fill in a few weeks and thing will change for you then, try to relax and enjoy your journey,
i wish you a speedy recovery and be happy :) xx

Thank you. I love looking at the we bit under ppls names to see how well they have done. Xxx

I could eat anything after my band daisy...when i came round from my op they never said i had anything in my band...my first fill was last weds and i be honest i thought it hadnt worked but today i had a few chips and mac cheeze( i know not the best choice) but struggled to eat it...maybe my band has settled...i think we expect miracles lol well i do hehe xx

Thank you gizmo girl. Here's hoping. The only thing that's stopping me going off the rails just now is the fear of being sick. Xxx

Back