• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Grey hair?

Grace

So I'm wondering if this is common?
I've had a little bit of grey in my hair for a while, not a lot but enough to colour it as I hate it.

It needs re-doing as the roots are showing: BUT I'm shocked at the amount of grey there is, all of a sudden! There's masses! :eek::eek::eek:

Ok, I know I'm 50, but I only just started getting grey in the past 2 years.

So - is this just natural? Or is this an unexpected result of the by-pass?

It needs fixing fast! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

No idea Charis, however, I know that stress can affect you. Hopefully someone will have an answer for you.

love

Rebirth xx

ah, stress. Yes, that could be right. You're up late too Pearline?

I know Charis, have had a lot on my mind today and I need to ring my aunts in the States. Feeling sorry for myself at present. However, I am truly blessed at least I'm alive, have wonderful friends on this forum and off and two beautiful daughters and hubby.

Rebirth xx

Ah sweety you have every right to feel low. I can't imagine how I would've felt. I'm praying all will be sorted quickly for you. xxx
I'm up late coz I've not felt well today and slept a lot, so not tired yet! But I shall be taking myself off soon. I have a very busy week this week!

I haven't heard of going grey because of Bypass, I know about the hair loss, I fear that it is the old age catching you up honey, Sorry, hope the colour comes out nice though!!

:bliss:

Hi Charis
think yourself lucky, i had my first grey hair at 19 and went steadily down hill from there, i am 36 now and have been dying my hair for donkeys years and i have got loads and loads of grey. It hasnt got anyworse since bypass though xxx

Ever heard of the expression
"she went white over night"
its usually down to shock or stress...have fun colouring xxx

Hey there

Lucky you for only going grey a couple of years ago, I been going grey since I was 18, almost 22 years ago. They do some lovely colours out there, you will look a new woman once u dye it and hide all the grey matter. x x

All the best - MeJulie x x

I totally envy your grey at 5o....I'm 35 and am going white.....costs me a fortune in purple hair dye ;)

I'm 51 and have very few grey hairs - in fact my sister who's 6 years younger than me, hates me for it 'cos she's been dying her hair for years. Hubby said the other day he thought I'd got a few more in the last couple of months post-op, but it could be coincidence...

Thanks everyone. I think it's down to shock/stress but that might be just me being stubborn! I need to see my hairdresser pronto!

I know I'm blessed to have gone so long, but as my hair is so important to me, it's still a bit of a shock! Serves me right for being vain I suppose!

I colour mine too as I have a few grey hairs! I wish I would go all over grey, that lovely silver colour some women and men go, I would never dye it then :D x

I colour mine too as I have a few grey hairs! I wish I would go all over grey, that lovely silver colour some women and men go, I would never dye it then :D x

me too! the older lady on the Dove advert has the most gorgeous long silver hair. I could live with that.

Hi Charis,

Your beauty from within shines through whatever your hair colour.... mine started to go grey early in my 30's... I've coloured it for over 35 years now... I would love a natural grey all over... how can it be done?

Any hairdressers with tips on how to get your own light grey would be welcomed... it can look so distinguished.

My turn to have my roots and highlights done tomorrow... it's a treat every 6 weeks that I build into my 'feel good' programme to keep myself motivated and going forward.

Not heard anyone say they have lost hair colour after the bypass... but I wonder if it will stabilise when you get your vitamin intake sorted Charis?

Much love as always xxx

Bev I've been taking my vitamins since the first week. I honestly think, looking back, it was all the stress and shock. I had such a bad time.

Still, its a small price to pay eh? I may have some blonde high-lights in to ring the changes from my usual dark mop!

Stress and shock have a lot to answer for... good luck with it Charis and from your photo's you have a great head of hair... take care precious xxx

Oh my hair has been going grey for too many years to count and i've always coloured it! I cannot remember my mom been any colour but grey and no way was i doing that at my age.... Maybe when i hit 60???

I started going grey at about 20 not got too much but its there and i hate it they always seem to stick up in the air, yoohoo i'm here! Its so annoying, your lucky if your only starting to go grey at 50 but you'll probably get it a lot faster xxx

Back