• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Guess who can eat soft food today???

grom

Slim for 2009
Hi Gang
just wanted to announce to the world that as from today I am on soft food rather than puree!

I am so excited! I am just having a bowl of proper porridge and it tastes fab!!

I'm going shopping later and have a list of ingredients to stock up on so that I can do some some proper cooking.

The weight is coming off nicely. It's maybe slower than expected but I'm happy with that and I'm sure it will increase when I can join the gym.

I bought a size 18 skirt from Tesco just before my op (they are not known for their generous sizes) and I can now get into it. I also have a size 18 coat from M&S! After years of Evans, Ann Harvey and catalogue stuff that sure feels great!!

People at work are noticing every day. We are spread over a few floors so quite often I can go a few weeks without seeing someone and they do a double take when they look at me!

All in all, things are going well. I have a BIG birthday in March to aim for and then a HUGE safari in July (my pressie) ending with a week in a tree house on a remote island! I am looking forward to it so much now knowing that I will be so much slimmer and fitter.

As always, thanks for your continuing support xxx

mmmmm porridge. It must be so nice to eat something "proper" after these last few weeks grom. Bet its more of a baby bear portion than a daddy bear portion though hun

Can't believe where the time has gone, you'll be sexy little minx on that safari and you'll have nothing on tarzan and Jane in your tree house. Keep it up gf you doing well

Thats great Grom! What are you planning on trying in terms of types and portion sizes?? I came down this morning planning on having my first mush but no bloody weetabix!!! DOH! Not terribly devastated though coz not hungry one bit. I'm only 2 weeks down the line and in truth shouldnt be starting the mush for another week. Might do a half and half thing just to introduce it slowly.

Happy shopping in your ever decreasing bod and new head (when it comes to selecting foods)
xx

I take my hat off to you for doing this, well done!! Its great when people notice the weight loss isnt it? Spurs you on! Whats the saying 'slow and steady wins the race' as long as you are losing thats the main thing, well done and i hope you enjoy your holidays!

Well done Grom, and looking forward to seeing the disappearing you next week :happy096::happy096:

Thats great Grom! What are you planning on trying in terms of types and portion sizes?? I came down this morning planning on having my first mush but no bloody weetabix!!! DOH! Not terribly devastated though coz not hungry one bit. I'm only 2 weeks down the line and in truth shouldnt be starting the mush for another week. Might do a half and half thing just to introduce it slowly.

Happy shopping in your ever decreasing bod and new head (when it comes to selecting foods)
xx

i was 'done' on 14th jan and i am already having more or less some proper foods. for breakfast i have 3 table spoons ready brek or half weetabix. for lunch i have 1 egg scrambled. for tea either 3table spoons baked beans with a tiny bit grated cheese OR 4 table spoons of soup and then for supper i have a baby yoghurt. i have done this for 2 days now and its going well. the one thing i am still struggling with is not being able to drink with or directly after food...but its just another habit that needed breaking i suppose. :D

xx

Hiya
I've bought a few WW ready meals for the next couple of weeks. I know they are not bril nutritionally but it's a pain cooking different things for me and hubby. Have also got some 'good' soups, salmon, chick peas, beans, soft cheese, cottage cheese, low fat mince, ww cooking sauces and fish pie. I'm conscious of trying to keep up my protein levels so will make sure I have a couple of protein shakes/smoothies if I don't eat much! I'm seeing the dietician on weds so will have a chat with her about how I'm doing!!

Sounds like you have it all under control Grom! I think one of the hardest things to do early on is to eat when you don't feel hungry. For the first time in many people's lives when they are truly eating for nutrition and not because we want to eat. So planning ahead for success is the best thing you can do for yourself. And good job with the concentration on protein. You know I always say protein, protein, protein - probably until some of you are sick of hearing about it!! Anyway, I just wanted to say that your preparation & dedication to a new healthy lifestyle will take you all the way to the finish line and quickly I bet. Well done.

Nic;)

congrats Grom keep it up
I'm 3 weeks post op and thought i would try some blended food tonight so had a boiled egg with low low fat mayo all blended nice and smooth and o boy do i feel ill. It feels like its stuck in my throut

congrats Grom keep it up
I'm 3 weeks post op and thought i would try some blended food tonight so had a boiled egg with low low fat mayo all blended nice and smooth and o boy do i feel ill. It feels like its stuck in my throut

Hun, boiled eggs are not a 'soft' food, they are actually quite rubbery and harder to digest in a new pouch. At 3 weeks you should be eating very smooth mushy food like a 4-6 month old baby. You should try a very softly scrambled egg first. Loads of post-ops have trouble with eggs early on. Give it a try again in a couple of weeks once the swelling has gone down more.

Sorry you are uncomfortable, hope you feel better soon.

Nic;)

LOl i wont be trying it again it looked soft and smooth enough Should have gone with my first thought home made carrot and coriander soup

well done grom :clap: soft food is ace :)

congrats Grom keep it up

:eek:Teen, you shouldn't be eating that stuff yet, liquids only for the first four weeks, there must be a reason for that and you don't know what damage your doing by forcing it too early.

Bide your time, I wouldn't stretch the rule for anything :sigh:

Sorry but all of you not sticking to the rules must be mad, they're there for a reason and that,s so you don't damage yourself internally until your fully healed and everything is knitted together.

4 weeks on Liquids, then 2 more weeks on puréed, then you can try solids, to go too early is madness.
:break_diet:

Differant hospitals have differant rules some say 2 weeks fluids the puree Think it depends where you have it done

I am sticking to fluids this week just having milk

to try get a bit more protein

Has anyone else noticed that there eye sight aint as good as it was before op. Mine has gone a bit

tina>>>>>>> considers herself told off by craftyfox and slaps her own wrists<<<<< lolol

Back