• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Guess who can eat soft food today???

I am sticking to fluids this week just having milk

to try get a bit more protein

Has anyone else noticed that there eye sight aint as good as it was before op. Mine has gone a bit

tina>>>>>>> considers herself told off by craftyfox and slaps her own wrists<<<<< lolol

Sorry Tina, I didn't know there was different rules at different hospitals and I do worry about you all ;)

Craftyfox different hospitals give their patient different guidelines on how long to stay on each stage. For example, I was told 2 weeks on liquids, 2 weeks purees, then soft food and by 6 weeks normal food.

Everyone should just stick to what their surgeon/hospital has told them.

And I care about you to craftyfox Roll on next Friday gonna make something nice is salmon easy to get down, I mean fresh not the tinned stuff

Craftyfox different hospitals give their patient different guidelines on how long to stay on each stage. For example, I was told 2 weeks on liquids, 2 weeks purees, then soft food and by 6 weeks normal food.

Yes my apologies to all, I understand now, I shouldn't poke my nose in, just panicked a bit there. :eek:

s'alright crafty, we cross posted earlier :)

teen there is a load of info in pg's soft food/purees threads in the WLS recipe section. Salmon would be good mushed with some low fat cream cheese to make a pate type mix.

Sorry but all of you not sticking to the rules must be mad, they're there for a reason and that,s so you don't damage yourself internally until your fully healed and everything is knitted together.

4 weeks on Liquids, then 2 more weeks on puréed, then you can try solids, to go too early is madness.
:break_diet:

if you look at the bospa guidelines (which is what my surgeon reccommends) its fluids for 1 week then progressing through the stages as you would when weaning a baby. But for each person its different and i agree they should stick to the guidelines given to THEM personally by their surgeons.

Sounds like you have it all under control Grom! I think one of the hardest things to do early on is to eat when you don't feel hungry. For the first time in many people's lives when they are truly eating for nutrition and not because we want to eat. So planning ahead for success is the best thing you can do for yourself. And good job with the concentration on protein. You know I always say protein, protein, protein - probably until some of you are sick of hearing about it!! Anyway, I just wanted to say that your preparation & dedication to a new healthy lifestyle will take you all the way to the finish line and quickly I bet. Well done.

Nic;)
Aw thanks Nic xx I think we have read the same books about the protein stuff!! Shopping is a hoot - I spend sooooooo long reading labels protein/sugar/fat instead of just calories! I bought some chick pease in masala sauce and can't wait to try them! Looking forward to saturday - even having my hair done in the morning!!! xx

I got the same rules as you Shel. Liquid = can pass thro a straw soft = can be eaten with a fork and doesn't need a knife. Week 7 = REAL food!!

And I care about you to craftyfox Roll on next Friday gonna make something nice is salmon easy to get down, I mean fresh not the tinned stuff

I find salmon is fab both for puree and soft food. If you don't want to add anything you can puree with a bit of cooking liquids - just make sure it is well cooked. I used a blob of weight watchers low fat sour cream (not too much mind!) and it was delicious. I found home made humous was great too and a good sourde of protein. The shop bought ones can be a bit high in fat. I have a WW recipe if you want it.
xx

will try the hummus I have a tin of chick peas in the cupboard its been there years just didnt no what to do with it only thing is I dont like garlic so will try it with something else. Made home made brocilli and cauli soup yesterday and that went down ok. Recipe would be good Grom thanx

Grom Only just picked up on this thread. Well done you. It's ace when you start on ordinary food. Keep up the goodwork kid.
How are the badges coming on?

Grom Only just picked up on this thread. Well done you. It's ace when you start on ordinary food. Keep up the goodwork kid.
How are the badges coming on?

Thanks Cleggy! Lost another 2 lbs this week - bis disappointed as thought it would come off quicker but it must just be the way my body works!
Badges are lookin GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!! Need to revisit the list to check who is coming! Will u be eating?? If so can I have a sniff?

Thanks Cleggy! Lost another 2 lbs this week - bis disappointed as thought it would come off quicker but it must just be the way my body works!
Badges are lookin GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!! Need to revisit the list to check who is coming! Will u be eating?? If so can I have a sniff?
Grom - Sorry Hun you will need to have a sniff at some one elses grub, I find I am lucky to eat at lunch. Perhaps I could try some soup - will have to see what's on the menu.
2lb is far better than nothing, you know deep down you are doing well. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day lol.

Grom - Sorry Hun you will need to have a sniff at some one elses grub, I find I am lucky to eat at lunch. Perhaps I could try some soup - will have to see what's on the menu.
2lb is far better than nothing, you know deep down you are doing well. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day lol.

Do you not get hungry at lunch times??

Do you not get hungry at lunch times??
Grom - to be honest I have a Wheatabix for b/fast [toast at weekend] and more often than not I have to force down lunch. If I don't force lunch I am ready for an evening meal and so I seem to flit between lunch and no lunch.

Back