• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gulping vs sipping

Sarahmaria

Are there any 'gulpers' in the house? Im a massive gulper when drinking. Dont think iv ever really taken a sip in my life. Just love the feeling of taking a massive gulp of an ice cold drink. I hear thats a no no after weight loss surgery. Did anyone find it hard to adapt to the constant sipping as opposed to intermittent gulping?!?

Xo

P.s apologies for the number of times i said 'gulp' lol.

I still gulp :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I do lots of sips and the odd mini gulp....!

I was a massive drinker (as in cold drinks water etc ) and could easily down a litre without thinking in seconds/minutes so was worried this is what I would miss but I've been ok so far. Sip lots and you soon realise howling a sip/gulp you can stomach!

Nxx

shelbell said:
I still gulp :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Me too, although not as much as pre-op, but I find it very easy to drink liquids and I am 2.5 weeks post-op.

I bypass gulp. But don't pre op gulp lol

But it's enough. A real pre op type gulp hurts me like hell!!! Lol

I loved once my body would let me do more than sip. Sipping did my head in.

Not eating and drinking together is the thing that annoys me the most. It's something I make sure I stick to. But in this hear has driven me crazy lol

I'm a gulper too!!
I really struggle with not drinking whilst eating, alsso drinking after a meal is particularly hard x

Fizzpot said:
I'm a gulper too!!
I really struggle with not drinking whilst eating, alsso drinking after a meal is particularly hard x

Yes this is what I really struggle with too x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Yes I find this really difficult infact 4 weeks post op I felt I just had to try it out I took a couple of mouthfulls down and it came straight back up. So I think it's sipping from now on.

How is everyone with fizzy pop? I've not tried it but I find I do better when out to drink fuzzy low calorie pop because otherwise I have j20's then I feel bad all day as there full of calories, if I have water I feel bored and then want to pick!! Xx

I have tried a little bit I put lots of ice and then let it stand for a while and it takes some of the fizz out but you still have to take it easy and sip and don't drink to much.

fizzy is not the way to go lol unless you want to stretch your pouch a bit xxx

If I do more than 2 sips at 1 time I get terrible indigestion pain so couldn't gulp or take a normal amount of drink if I tried. I'm 2 weeks post op today so don't know if that will change.

I've also had half a pint glass of ice with diet coke in and it took me 3hrs to finish and by that time it had gone flat anyway so the fizz didn't have an effect on me just the indigestion feeling if I drank too fast

I loved fizzy coca cola and waiting until it goes flat is just not going to be the same so i had my last coke the day b4 my pre op. Im too scared to drink anything fizzy, youv'e got to look after your pouch, its very precious.

Kim

Me too, although not as much as pre-op, but I find it very easy to drink liquids and I am 2.5 weeks post-op.

I'm the same. I'm managing to get lots of liquid in. Struggling to leave time before and after meals though as I'm constantly thirsty.

stuckinafatsuit said:
I loved fizzy coca cola and waiting until it goes flat is just not going to be the same so i had my last coke the day b4 my pre op. Im too scared to drink anything fizzy, youv'e got to look after your pouch, its very precious.

Kim

Pre-op I was a huge Pepsi Max fan and drank loads of it, and was planning on doing the same thing and letting it go flat so I could drink it. Since then I watched a programme by Jimmy Doherty (Jamie Oliver's mate with the farm) about what goes into it and how they make it, and I will never drink cola again!

Back