• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had Bypass 26th Feb

Boro

Hi everyone first of all want to say how helpul this site has been, although i havent posted much, I have read nearly every nite and it has gave me all the courage to go ahead. I had my keyhole bypass at Manchester Spire with Mr Alan Li on 26th and already feel fine. My cuts have been glued so i was able to have a shower (which makes a difference when unfortunately TOTM Struck) and already on just paracetamol every 7 hours or so. My husband has just gave me my first Injection to stop clotting which I was a bit nervous about, but it was fine. I was actually told i could go home the next day but i asked to stay the extra night (get my moneys worth) HA HA because of the 2 hour journey home.

Off shopping in mornin to Tescos to buy some liquids cos i feel i havent had much since my OP but its still very early days. Just wondering did people just crush their Vits or did you buy special soluable ones?

hi boro..well done and i like u spent lots of time reading on the forum before i started to post myself....sounds like u are doing fab..i didnt actually start takin my vits until 4 wks post op, because apparantly ur body still keeps them insulated..not sure what ur surgeon as advised, but if he has told u 2 start takin staight away i think it wud be best to crush them..can u not phone ur dietician and check just to be on the safe side....

Hi boro, congratulations on your bypass and welcome to the losing side, also there is always someone on here to offer advice when needed. julie

hi boro welcome to minis and the losers and congrats on your bypass.

As for multivits i have barretts active life, these are for adults and i was able to take them right from the start, in fact there were recommended to me by my dietician.

glad everything went well for you. I get my vitamins etc from the dr and started taking them 2 weeks post op and havent had any problems taking them whole.
hc

congrats on the op hun ... and welcome you will find many people here with words of wisdom and advice ...

ps .. why u called boro ? lol just thats where i was born

Thanks for the support, I just presumed that I would need the vits from the begining because of the lack of food. I will give the nurse a bell.
Did anyone else struggle with eating at the begining I just dont feel hungary at all. Finding myself havin something that i dont want cos i havent eat for so long.
Brett30 Im called Boro cos im from near there and its the team i have supported for god knows how long.

Back